Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the dumb mistake of not taking all the usual winter precautions with my bike (since I didn't last year and nothing bad happened) BUT, obviously my luck ran out because my bike won't start at all this time.

The battery seems fine, but when I pull in the clutch and hit the ignition it gives me this error buzz sound, and my temperature warning light goes red for a second as well as the temp gauge flashing full bars. No choking or sputtering, maybe i need new spark plugs?

I'm not exactly a wizard with motorcycles, is there anything I can do to start my bike without taking it in to a shop? : /

·
Registered
53 Posts
I suspect a dead battery. From everything said i'd spend my time on that first, getting battery charged or jump start. I've had the battery dead enough to act like you describe when trying to start and the headlights still be bright.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Well the high-beam light works, so i figure if it has enough power to keep that on it has enough power to start the engine right?
Alas not, the starter motor needs far more then both beams.

Hope the charging makes is OK, you'll remember to unhook the battery next winter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Darn, too bad you didn't get it started. It was decent day for a ride in Seattle. I made a little run down Alki then down 509 to Federal Way and back to Seattle. It was a bit cold tho, I had to stop a few times to warm up my hands.

·
Registered
2008 Triumph Daytona 675
929 Posts
Dealer just called to let me know my bike (which has been in winter storage) now has a dead battery, blaming it on my factory alarm.

Seems odd to me especially if the bike was hooked up to a trickle charger (which is was supposed to be).

Any thoughts as to the chance the battery is actually toast or if perhaps it just needs a recharge?

Bike is 2 yrs old with 12K.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.