Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys recently brought a crashed 07 off a young lad who low slided her through a fence into a padock ?
Currently having trouble trying to get it to fire up.
Speedo works fine ,lights up and does its normal reset.exhust valve does its cycle and fuel pump primes .no starter solidnoid clicking/battery is charged.
when I hit the starter I get nothing... Have just noticed everything on the speedo lights up apart from the neutral light not coming on when neutral is selected
Fuses all look fine too.
Any pointers?
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yes - if you look at the clutch perch you'll see two things coming out. Toward the front of the bike is the clutch cable. Behind that is the wiring for the safety switch.

If the clutch lever gets jostled around in the perch or if it's replaced without the little bushing in the bolt hole (so it's loose) you can run into situations where it doesn't hit the switch when pulled back. Then the bike won't start.

Since levers are often the first thing to take damage in a crash I suspect this is the culprit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clutch switch or tip-over switch.

One of them being the culprit would be my guess?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done!! Was one or the other .. Clutch switch or tip over sensor been that it was just hanging down.
Still doesn't solve my problem of having no nutual light on the speedo and also engine light stays on .

Cheers for the help so far!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Done!! Was one or the other .. Clutch switch or tip over sensor been that it was just hanging down.
Still doesn't solve my problem of having no nutual light on the speedo and also engine light stays on .

Cheers for the help so far!
Hi, i know it was old post, but do you remember what was the issue? No neutral and not starting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts