Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
you lucky f'in basteeeerrrrrdddssss

MAN I MISS LIVIN IN FLA USA

Stupid economy and no bases in FL for army!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Lived in Ormond Beach for 15 years ( just north of Daytona Beach ) don't miss it at all !!! I did go last year for 1 day, but it was more for my buddy who had never been there. He had a great time riding the beach !!! I just visited old friends ( mostly Harley Pirates ), LOL .

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to college in Daytona and I still have friends living in the area so it will be good to see some of them again. It will be nice to get out on the bike to start the year in some warm weather (at least I am hoping it will be warm there).

·
Registered
197 Posts
yup, I am riding with some friends from ocala so more east... to get there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Lived in Ormond Beach for 15 years ( just north of Daytona Beach ) don't miss it at all !!! I did go last year for 1 day, but it was more for my buddy who had never been there. He had a great time riding the beach !!! I just visited old friends ( mostly Harley Pirates ), LOL .
So you don't miss daytona? or bike week? jw

·
Registered
382 Posts
So you don't miss daytona? or bike week? jw
Either to be honest !! To flat , and a lack of twisties , I now live in Arizona, where I can still ride year round and have some of the sweetest canyon roads around !!! Of course the beaches where nice, but I rather be riding !!!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Probably head up on the KTM (only 70 miles away) on Saturday and waste a few hours and head back before night. Gotta buddy with a 1400 Concours at work that wants to see all crap there. I've been too many times and it's basically the same shit, different year with way too many baddass wannabe pirate looking white trash fucktards...Yeah I'm a snob...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear ya Sammy, Im not a fan of the trash that comes in either. Its a good chance for me to take the bike out for the first time this year and have some decent weather to do it in. My friend that I am riding down still has his bike down there, so we need to pick it up and see if it will still start. Gonna be a good trip from the sound of it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Probably head up on the KTM (only 70 miles away) on Saturday and waste a few hours and head back before night. Gotta buddy with a 1400 Concours at work that wants to see all crap there. I've been too many times and it's basically the same shit, different year with way too many baddass wannabe pirate looking white trash fucktards...Yeah I'm a snob...
what about real pirates, would they be considered badass? I don't really hang out at the actual bike week(haven't driven down the whole downtown to date), there is a sports bike crowd that meets at certain gas stations and whatnot:)

oh and......

you snob:laugh:

j/k

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
what about real pirates, would they be considered badass? I don't really hang out at the actual bike week(haven't driven down the whole downtown to date), there is a sports bike crowd that meets at certain gas stations and whatnot:)

oh and......

you snob:laugh:

j/k
I can wax nostalgic about hanging out at the Hess Station right off I-95 and the all day stunting and illegal big $$$ drag racing at the road behind the Days Inn on the Western side of I-95 all day long, but that shit was back in 1999-2001. Everybody on a sportbike now is afraid of getting a big $$$ ticket or going to jail=boring time compared to the off the fucking chain shit from 10 years ago. You "kids" have no idea how it used to be...I'm 42 and sound like I'm 65..WTF!!!!:rant2::rant::nomore:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Daytona is one of those events that I've always wanted to go to....along with Sturgis. Just sucks that California is on the other coast.....it'd take me 5 days on a bike to get there....
Just do it Iron Butt style, Coast to Coast in less than 50 hrs. !!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trailer is ready to go, bike is here in Virginia now. Rode it to work today (fucking cold as hell) and it seems solid enough. Bags are packed and I am leaving in the morning. See some of you guys down there!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can wax nostalgic about hanging out at the Hess Station right off I-95 and the all day stunting and illegal big $$$ drag racing at the road behind the Days Inn on the Western side of I-95 all day long, but that shit was back in 1999-2001. Everybody on a sportbike now is afraid of getting a big $$$ ticket or going to jail=boring time compared to the off the fucking chain shit from 10 years ago. You "kids" have no idea how it used to be...I'm 42 and sound like I'm 65..WTF!!!!:rant2::rant::nomore:
Wow, I didn't even know about that stuff. Ironically as I pulled into the hess, there was a fhp sitting there and had just pulled over a guy....

It's interesting, I go with friends makes it more fun imho.

Yah I think they are cracking down on our generation of riders and not just for bikes but anything fast and fun. I mean come on you only live once...

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Rode up on the KTM and got there at 10am-Rode the 800 Tiger at 11:30, rode down Main Street at 12:30, was home by 2pm. May go back next weekend if the weather is good and the chick I'm dating really really wants to go..Really liked the 800 Tiger-Motor spins up nice and the bike handles damn good (I was on the off-roady one with the 21 inch thin front wheel).

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you go to bike week and dont go to the races then whats the point of going!!!
If you do go to the races, then you are Daytona's 1%.:laugh: I usualy go and hit five races in the week. I race the GNCC and the Enduro then the
Short Track , SX and the road race sprints I spectate.
Then I go to main street to look and laugh at the guys who have their life savings tied up in a paint shaker. The freaks and hairys are fun to watch and the women not to bad either.
The 200 is cool if you catch the last half because thats when it all goes down.
The short track is always good, bar to bar is the best.
Not sure about new location but a race is a race.
Enjoy to all that are going!:thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.