Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
for me it's a boblbee mega areo.

it's not cheap, but its not only a very stable backpack that i lug around a dirty great chain, my laptop, work cloths and other bits and bobs it's a level2 back protector.

also if you come off your laptop stands a good chance of coming out live.

with normal bags they would shift and move on my back when the weight shifted however with the solid plastic case it's all tightened up.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I havent been able to ride with this yet, because my bike has a nail in the rear tire.

http://source-military.com/hydration-cargo/69-assault.html

I wanted one that had a water blader and the source brand water bladders are pretty awesome (they open up so you can clean them). I also wanted something for my upcoming trip to japan.

i have it packed with about 4 days worth of summer clothes in it. it's the perfect size for a weekend trip I think. (plus 3 liters of water). and with the MOLLE attachments you can add smaller pouches for other things when needed.

i think with the compression straps, chest strap, and waist strap, it should be okay on a bike. but i've never tested it.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
The best backpack is no backpack. Get a tail bag or a tank bag. Backpacks are fatiguing, and in a wreck can break your back easily due to hard objects inside and landing on them.

·
Registered
862 Posts
+1 Use the search function, this has been asked and answered multiple times.

+100 Ogio No Drag. There is a special laptop sleeve and it is very comfortable during the ride, barely know it's there. I strongly disagree that backpacks are dangerous and can cause harm in a crash, you just have to be smart about what you carry in them. Obviously carrying a bunch of glass bottles, knives, and or other sharp objects is not a good idea, but normal stuff like a laptop and clothes will not hurt you in a crash.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Doesn't matter. Anything hard in a backpack still increases your chances greatly. Even with a CE protector. That certainly is much better than a regular backpack, but still.

+1 Use the search function, this has been asked and answered multiple times.

+100 Ogio No Drag. There is a special laptop sleeve and it is very comfortable during the ride, barely know it's there. I strongly disagree that backpacks are dangerous and can cause harm in a crash, you just have to be smart about what you carry in them. Obviously carrying a bunch of glass bottles, knives, and or other sharp objects is not a good idea, but normal stuff like a laptop and clothes will not hurt you in a crash.
Laptop will hurt you, clothes will not.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I have the Ogio no drag and love it.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Cycle Gear was trying to sell me on this one and it is a great bag, but it wasn't big enough for what I needed it for. I ended up getting a Cargo Endurance model. In addition to my laptop, I some times carry large binders or lots of paperwork. The bag is big enough that I can run some errands on the bige that I might normally need a car for. You really need to look at some bags in person and decide what fits your needs. If all you are going to do is carry small stuff, the OGIO no drag is nice. If you need lots of utility, there are a lot of bags on the market.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts