Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone.I've just installed a bazzaz Zfi tc unit to my 08 daytona.I have an Arrow stage 1 full system and a bmc race filter also.I haven't bought yet a Z-afm so I would like a map from someone who has already made one.
If someone has one, please inform me to give him my email.
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am purchasing a z-afm today and am wondering what is the best but safe a/f ratio to run? i know all vehicle are different. Sorry but i cant help you out with a map as im still running the stock map. And if you find one, would you mind sharing it with me? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that bazzaz recomends 13.2 afr for all rpm.Somewhere I read that it is not the best as for performance but it is the most safe.Please if someone knows better correct me.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
We run between 12.7 and 13. A lot depends upon compression ratio, fuel grade, altitude etc. 12.7 isn't going to do any harm its going higher where the problems start. Most bikes we see on the dyno with the TOR map on are running mid 13s to high 13s. This is getting to the zone where damage to the engine will occure.
If you have the map selection switch then make two maps, one at 12.7 and another at 13. Go for a ride and try the two maps.

Before we start to map on Bazzaz we install the Triumph 90001 map btw.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We run between 12.7 and 13. A lot depends upon compression ratio, fuel grade, altitude etc. 12.7 isn't going to do any harm its going higher where the problems start. Most bikes we see on the dyno with the TOR map on are running mid 13s to high 13s. This is getting to the zone where damage to the engine will occure.
If you have the map selection switch then make two maps, one at 12.7 and another at 13. Go for a ride and try the two maps.

I think Triumph has two different maps, tor map and arrow map.
You have the second one, right?
I 'll be waiting for you when you have make one :whistle: :flex:

·
Registered
513 Posts
There is no one AFR or Lambda ratio that is perfect for the entire operating range. The engine wants different mixture ratios at lower rpm than at higher rpm, and different at WOT from part throttle.

Even the fuel you use will alter the best mixture ratio for performance, because its stoichiometric ratio changes - pump fuels are all over the place. They can be 14.57 to 14.1 depending on the fuel blend and whether it contains ethanol or not. And race fuels (even 94 AKI) can vary by the same amount.

Event the load (gearing) alters what the engine wants for best output - different gears accelerate at different rates, and alter the load.

Give the engine what it wants for best output, not what you think it wants.

That said, 12.7-12.8 up through peak torque rpm, then trailing down to 13.1-13.2 at higher rpm, tends to get you in the ball park. But your ignition advance needs to be right.

One of the issues with using Lambda/UEGO sensors is that ignition advance changes are one of the things that alter the readings of the Lambda sensor even when no change to fueling is made.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Thanks for all the replies that does help, and i love my trs moto2 exhaust. Thanks for making only 1 of them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts