Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to have to bug anyone about this, as I feel like it's a dumb question. But I was surprised that this +$200 piece felt so questionable to me that'd it actually stay together when I was installing. And I'm just paranoid because I saw a member post that their seat cowl flew off...

-Just picked one up from the dealer brand new
-Comes with 4 Torx Bolts
-The plastic painted part doesn't appear to have threads for the bolts? Is this correct?
-I used Blue Loctite
-I went for a 15 min ride, stopped, and my dad noticed one of the bolts had fell off.

? - Is there a particular Torque Spec for these bolts? (I dont want to force it so much it cracks anything)
? - Is it just me, or is it a super tight fit AND doesn't seem like the bolts are long enough/no threads to keep it on there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just checked mine and it definitely has threads to it, but then again i bought mine a while back. Did yours come as a single piece or in two pieces. Mine came as two the cosmetic cover and the subframe that screws into the cosmetic cover.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought mine last year and it came w/coarse threaded screws but if you over tighten them they will strip the plastic and if you use longer one make sure not to long or they will go thru and crack your new cowl!!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW to all, I took off my cowl today to discover 2 of the 4 bolts had fallen off...took off the black piece to use some clear silicon/epoxy, watever to secure the bolts.. and guess what?

The threadless bolt sections (on the painted cowl) TOTALLY broke and crumbled into pieces. W. T. F. :rant::yell::angry::cuss::rant2:

For $200+?! Ludicrous! I truly believe there was seriously something off on the fitment of my piece. I had to smash it way too much to get the two sections to line up. Really unfortunate. I'm calling my dealer in the morning. They better give me a brand new one without giving me any excuses...or the shit is hitting the fan.

·
Registered
712 Posts
the orignal tornado red one i got from the dealer was not threaded and i never had any problems with it. when i went to the carbon fiber tail, i had to get the top piece for the cowl and it was threaded. neither one ever gave me a problem. may not be who i got them from, but luck of the draw, i am very happy with both of mine. in my opionion your on a forum. you get a lot more bad news than you do good news because we all bitch, me included. the r/r situation is one you can look at. looks like horrible news but with the problems here showing there are more out there that arent a problem. thats just me, and i could be wrong. this is just a site so im not trying to prove people wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts