Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BOTM & BOTY Winner
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Most have probably wondered where the heck I'd got to. In summary, let's just say that the last twelve months have been a shit ride through hell and back. To those who know me, they know what's happened. To those who don't, let me say that I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy. Well, okay, maybe my worst enemy, but I'd have to really f*cking hate his guts, and currently I don't know anyone I'd put into that category.

In any event, here's a hello again from me. I'm back in action again, more or less.

See y'all on the forums.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Good to have you back man-with-the-sexiest-flat-black-bike-ever.

All is well now I hope?

P.s. Looking at your sig line... it's not the big C is it?

·
BOTM & BOTY Winner
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P.s. Looking at your sig line... it's not the big C is it?
Nope. Although I found out two weeks ago that my dad has that now. No, my weight loss is more the result of sustained exercise over the last 4 years, but the last 20lbs of recent loss more came from a diet of heavy stress. Actually I've put a bit of weight on again since. Am more like 180lbs now, which is a smidge overweight for me, but I don't look so gaunt any more from losing weight too quickly. I've more or less rebounded back to looking healthy, and can now take steps to get the excess weight off again properly. Ideally I'd like to be 170lbs steady.

Think of all the things that can really stress someone out, and you're probably on the mark with most of them (excepting job loss).

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Good to have you back and sorry to hear about your recent misfortunes.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I'm chuffed to bits to hear you're back, and wish you and your dad courage for any trouble ahead.

You might be glad to know your suspension plates's design has endured, thanks to Sparker and DMarino... I've ordered a set of the new batch, and am anxious to try them, but we need the track-oriented design now, so get to work, dammit ! :rofl2:

·
BOTM & BOTY Winner
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but we need the track-oriented design now, so get to work, dammit ! :rofl2:
I have 31 sets done already, which were put on ice as a result of what's gone on recently. Need to pick them up, get them anodized, and then they're ready.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i am very new on here but i have read quite a few of your posts. it will be good to read new ones from you and i am glad to see you back on here.

sorry to read about the flat black motorcycle in your back posts, but i am more sorry to read about your dad. mine passed from pancreatic cancer in 2007 so i can kind of understand how you feel going through that.

anyways- good to see you on here again and hope being back helps ease the mind away from the stress of life.

·
Registered
234 Posts
et fluxus iterum

:grouphug2:

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Welcome back man... we've missed you around these parts... Hope the stressful events are in the past and there's clear riding on twisty roads ahead for you!

·
(RIP) Wiser than you I was
5,852 Posts
Yes indeed, welcome back old bean. You had a year like I had. Stress is a very effective weight reducer. I lost 15 lbs and I only started a 155. I'll send you a PM to catch you up. Things are much better now.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I have 31 sets done already, which were put on ice as a result of what's gone on recently. Need to pick them up, get them anodized, and then they're ready.
Aaaand [FLUX] delivers, as usual :thumbup:

·
MacGyver / BOTM / BOTY Winner
1,253 Posts
Whoa, just spotted this one.

I'm chuffed to bits to hear you're back, and wish you and your dad courage for any trouble ahead.
Could not agree with Loic more.

You had a year like I had.
For sure, Scott...and mine's still going. Stress really can be a life changer, mentally and physically.

It's been a while, [FLUX]. There's only three of us in the club, mate :grouphug: ; let's hope we can get back into the forum like we used to.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
On the bright side, your power to weight ratio must be heaps better now :coolgleamA:

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Welcome back bro, I myself right now am going through what feels like hell and I still have a while to go maybe trial next year we'll see....... anyway glad your back man:thumbup:

·
BOTM & BOTY Winner
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks so much guys. Wish I had the time to respond to each of you personally. Will try as I go.

I've picked up the 31 plate sets. Off to get them anodized. Will start a group buy thread soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts