Triumph 675 Forums banner

We need more participants for the Triumph675.net Track Day!

• Join now!

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Do it!

Votes: 5 13.2%
1 - 20 of 1221 Posts

·
Surfer of the lear
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, Ladies and Gentlemen. I am extremely pleased to announce that TPM is offering us 4 Days this year. There will be a 2 day event at NJMP (Thunderbolt & Lighting) and a 2 day event at VIR (North). Both events are held on Monday and Tuesday. Here's the deal:

When: April 25th and 26th

Where: New Jersey Motor Park @ Thunderbolt (25th) and Lightning (26th) www.njmp.com/tracks.html

THUNDERBOLT 2.25 miles

LIGHTING 1.9 mile

Cost: $200 for one day, $350 for both

What's included:

- OUR OWN PRIVATE TRACK FOR THE DAY!
- Professional Coaches and Instructors
- ART 1 school for beginner and novice trackday riders
- On site tire changing service
- On site suspension setup
- Extreme Rides with Glen Goldman (subject to availability)
- Free mounting and balance with trackside purchase
- Gear Rental is available (must be ordered prior to the trackday)
- GO PRO Video Cameras (ltd number) will be available for use on a first come first serve basis, cards sold separate or provided
- Fresh Fruit and Energy Bars will be available all day
- Unlimited Bottled Water available
- $25 Credit towards Full Throttle Membership for non members
- $25 Credit towards either ART II or ART III for existing members

Suspension set ups will be done by Glen Goldman.

To make this happen we need at least 50 participants on Monday and 60 participants on Tuesday. I need a $25 ($50 for both) deposit from you guys to secure the date NO LATER than February 27th. This will obviously go towards your final payment which will be $175 or $300. The final payment needs to be in NO LATER than April 1. These due dates are not flexible!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be prompt in payment, or else we will lose out on this, plus I will have one really pissed off organization at me! You can PayPal me at [email protected]. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE THE 3% PAYPAL FEES!! Additionally, please note in the comments your full name and your screen name along with which days you are going to participate in.

When: June 20th and 21st

Where: Virginia International Raceway @ North Course http://www.virnow.com/

VIR NORTH

Cost: $175 for one day, $295 for both

What's Included:

- OUR OWN PRIVATE GROUP FOR THE DAY!
- Professional Coaches and Instructors
- ART 1 school for beginner and novice trackday riders
- On site tire changing service
- On site suspension setup
- Extreme Rides with Glen Goldman (subject to availability)
- Free mounting and balance with trackside purchase
- Gear Rental is available (must be ordered prior to the trackday)
- GO PRO Video Cameras (ltd number) will be available for use on a first come first serve basis, cards sold separate or provided
- Fresh Fruit and Energy Bars will be available all day
- Unlimited Bottled Water available
- $25 Credit towards Full Throttle Membership for non members
- $25 Credit towards either ART II or ART III for existing members

To make this happen we need at least 15 participants each day. I need a $25 ($50 for both) deposit from you guys to secure the date NO LATER than April 30th. This will obviously go towards your final payment which will be $175 or $250. The final payment needs to be in NO LATER than May 15th. These due dates are not flexible!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be prompt in payment, or else we will lose out on this, plus I will have one really pissed off organization at me! You can PayPal me at [email protected]. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE THE 3% PAYPAL FEES!! Additionally, please note in the comments your full name and your screen name along with which days you are going to participate in.

Priority is given to Forum Members. However, Forum Members are welcome and encouraged to invite their friends.

For those signing up, please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- Name
- Dates Participating
- Address
- Telephone Number
- DOB
- Emergency Contact Information
- Any meds that you are taking
- Any meds that you are allergic to
- Your primary physicians name
- Prior track experience
- Which group you want to be signed up in

For those whom are already a member of TPM, I just need your name and number.

Depending on the number of people who sign up, we will run 20 minute sessions in two or three groups all day. It is up to you to decide which group you belong in. Please be smart and sign yourself up in the appropriate group. If the Coaches and Instructors see that you should be bumped up for the day, they will let you know and you will ride with the more advanced guys and gals. However, they will also bump you down if they feel that you're riding way over your head. This is to make our day safer and more fun for everyone. If we see that we may need to split up into three groups, we will make the change during the day.

Lunch will be from 12:30 to 13:30. The track will then go green from 13:30 until 1730.

Tech Requirements are as follows:

- All lights (head lights, turn signals, etc) bust be properly taped.
- All fairings and race plastics must be properly secured.
- Remove your mirrors and license plate. Zip tie your mirror holes to the upper fairing stay.
- All fluids (oil, brake fluids, etc.) should be properly filled with their respective caps properly secured.
- It is NOT mandatory, but advised for Intermediate and Advance riders to safety wire their oil cap, oil filter, drain plugs, etc.
- Tires should at least have ¾ tread left. DO NOT SHOW UP WITH WORN TIRES (chords showing, etc.) or you will fail tech. Tires will
be made available trackside at a discounted price.
- Check your chain slack. You will want to have at least 1 ½ inches of slack.
- Make sure that there is plenty of brake pad left.
- Check your throttle and adjust for minimum slack.
- Check your levers for slack and tension.
- It is NOT mandatory, but you may want to disconnect your lights so the tape doesn't melt to the lenses.
- A sticker with your name and shift pattern MUST be placed on your tank.
- A med-data (provided at tech) slip MUST be located on the lower left hand side of your helmet.
- All riders must wear a late model full face helmet, 1 or 2 piece leather suit, back protector, gauntlet gloves and proper boots which
extend over your shin.
- All 2 piece leather suites MUST have full circumference zippers.
- Any onboard cameras MUST be permanently secured to the bike BEFORE going through tech. Anyone caught mounting a camera
AFTER tech will be forced to sit out the rest of the day.

Please don't hesitate to ask me or any other track vet for help with properly prepping your bike. If you fail tech, you will have the chance to make the appropriate changes and go through again. If you cannot pass tech, you will be forced to sit out without a refund. If you crash, you will have to re-tech before going back out on the track.

Please visit the TPM website www.teampromotion.com and review their rules and regulations. It is imperative that we follow these rules in order to make the most of our day out there. These guys run a first class operation and are a load of fun to ride with and learn from.

For those wanting to arrive the night before, camping is allowed. Additionally, NJMP and VIR have trackside suites at a very reasonable rate. I have personally stayed in them, and they are quite comfortable. You can see them at www.njmp.com/vip.html and http://experiencevir.com/lodging/ . There are other local accommodations, but staying with people at the track is a lot more fun! I will be there the night before helping people prep their bikes and telling a whole bunch of lies!

Lastly, I don't make a dime off of doing this, nor do I expect to. Like last year's trackday that I organized, all I want are for all of us to have a crap load of fun on our bikes without getting hurt. A huge part of that, is riding with friends. I truly hope you guys take advantage of this opportunity. For those who haven't done a trackday, DO NOT HESITATE to jump on this. This is not a race. There are no podiums, trophies handed out or contingency monies won. You will not be judged on you speed, technique or skill. You will only be judged if you act and ride like an idiot. The true purpose of this event is to draw us all together and have some great laughs and develop good friendships. The riding is really the icing on the cake. Please feel free to bring your girlfriends, wives, boyfriends, husbands, kids, dogs, fish or Grandparents. This is a Forum community event, and the more the merrier!

I really look forward to making this happen. If anyone feels that I have left something out, please feel free to add to the thread. Additionally, if anyone has any questions, please PM me or you can reach me at (813) 476-9663. Look forward to spending good times at the track with you all!

-Tom

NJMP Roll Call
Deposit received = Bold black
Paid in Full = Bold red

1) Tapcon
2) Jstu202
3) Banjo8
4) hazexban
5) Peeweesp
6) Peeweesp guest
7) Munch
8) NelsonVr6
9) RNYC
10) Tripped1
11) Tripped1 guest[/B]
12) Antirich (1 day)
13) Redsands (1 day)
14) CATSNOX900
15) CATSNOX900 guest
16) Bushmaster86
17) Stacey
18) S_zero99 2006 Yamaha R1
19) Scriptor
20) BMAF
21) Truckerduck
22) Race a Wreck
23) Vtpoochman (1 day)
24) MX3TT
25) jtnyc
26) Greysight
27) Gargoyle081
28) tworotor7
29) Aviator
30) Pyroking339
31) Chchadder
32) Umicheng
33) Wacotangofoxtrot
34) WacotangFoxtrot guest
35) Danw182
36) Madski
37) Ridgeracer
38) Gabbydad
39) Kolya1981
40) Kolya1981 guest
41) TonyNyc
42) DirtDiva
43) Clyons
44) MHR Speedy
45) Shoobert
46) THEbanaDZL
47) ChrisK (1 day)
48) Thunder900ss (1 day)
49) bubbleboys
50) KMO
51) Soulpatch (2?)
52) Palm Bomb (1 day)
53) GreyTuono
54) GreyTuono Guest
55) GreyTuono Guest 2
56) Hmucho1
57) Marce10
58) Jonsey8548 (1 day)
59) Irish01
60) KyleM
61) xTomKx
62) Wacotangofoxtrot Guest 2
63) R1buttercup
64) r1Hotrod
65) nolimit
66) 4EverWiKiD
67) luded1
68) Habib55
69) CarpeDijon
70) Vertigo
71) TonyNyc Guest
72) Visitor
73) BjElder
74) mikereiser
75) birdofprey
76) Lance
77) johnnyrocket
78) Habib Guest 1
79) Habib guest 2

VIR Roll Call
Deposit received = Bold black
Paid in Full = Bold red

1) Tapcon
2) Stamford
3) Fastbrit
4) Fastbrit Guest 1
5) Fastbrit Guest 2
6) Fastbrit Guest 3
7) Fastbrit Guest 4
8) Fastbrit Guest 5
9) skin_graft
10) skin_graft Guest 1
11) skin_graft Guest 2
12) Jettech - (1 day)
13) Martindb9
14) shell015
15) aedwards01
16) Hokie Guest 1
17) Hokie Guest 2
18) Stacey
19) Qfactor
20) goldenS3
21) ChrisK
22) KMO

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm in. Lightning. Thunder.

Consecutive days might be more cost effective, but then again more of the community could attend at least 1 on different dates. Hmmmm.

·
Surfer of the lear
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would say add me to the list but I can't say yes or no until I find out my class schedule and what dates you're planning. The Mrs. banned me from the bike as of august 1, 2011 until after the wedding august 20th :laugh:
It's going to be in either May or July.

On a side note, any woman that bans you from riding may not be marriage material :whistle: (I'm kidding, I'm sure she makes up for it in many ways)

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I can probably only do one day. And even then, I'm going to have to convince one of my friends to go so I can use his spare bike (still bikeless). So I'm tenatively in (if I'm on the east coast) for at least one day. Put me down.

I'll make sure to swap tires beforehand this time...

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm in. Prefer early rather than July, but whenever it occurs I'll do my best to be here for two days. M-T is easiest for my schedule (just putting that out there). I like early as its a lot of track time (awesome), which is good for the rest of the season.

Thanks Tom. Last year was a lot of fun!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Im in either way, but I voted for 2 consecutive days. I didnt get to do a 2nd trackday after the first one Tom organized for us last season...

Jeff, Im due for new tires. If you want I'll just wait and you can break out the halogen lights and tire irons the night before just for old times sake lol

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Two consecutive days works for me. Curious about the dates.. You know how we "racers" are. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Depending on the dates, I'll be in for two consecutive days. Unlikely that I'd be able to make it to more than 1 date, so two in a row is better.

And Tom, I graduate this semester, so we won't have to repeat the fun of last summer.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm interested, but can't commit so far. Voted consecutive days because if I'm able to go and able to do both, only one trip out would be a lot easier. Can't on May 11-14 because of the FSAE competition.

1 - 20 of 1221 Posts