Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Daytona 675R. I just installed Attack GP triple clamps with 28mm offset (#2 inserts) and the lower clamp outer part near the fork tube pinch bolts is rubbing on the inside of the cockpit infill panels. Anyone else have this problem?

They said they hadn't heard of this issue with Triumphs and suspected it is a fairing tolerance issue. I'm thinking I'll need to trim a few inches from the infills to give clearance, but I don't like the idea of cutting the stock carbon fiber pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I suspect most people who have the Attack triples, including myself, use aftermarket fibreglass track fairings where you don't encounter that issue.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect most people who have the Attack triples, including myself, use aftermarket fibreglass track fairings where you don't encounter that issue.
That's what I was thinking..
The left side is a little better which made me wonder if the fairings have a bit of adjustment at the brackets since the interference is only a millimeter or two. But I just don't think it'd be enough so it's probably easiest to just trim up the infills.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your infills will not fit with the attack triples. I have the same ones with the same offset. You will have to trim way more than you think. Once you start turning the forks, you will see that the bolts will go way into where the infills normally sit.
I have track fairings on but I switch to street on occasion and have to remove the infills. Unfortunately, the infills help with wind noise coming through the fairings and mine has a wind whistle without them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your infills will not fit with the attack triples. I have the same ones with the same offset. You will have to trim way more than you think. Once you start turning the forks, you will see that the bolts will go way into where the infills normally sit.
I have track fairings on but I switch to street on occasion and have to remove the infills. Unfortunately, the infills help with wind noise coming through the fairings and mine has a wind whistle without them.
Thanks man. I guess I just need to start trimming and see how little I can get away with. They just barely scrape since I can actually turn the bars with them in, but obviously I'd be concerned with it catching. Ive already scratched a witness mark showing where the contact is so I'll go a few millimeters larger than that. Shouldn't look too bad.. Certainly better than no fills and seeing the wires.

So far I'm really liking the new handling!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Used a Dremel with diamond coated cutting disc to cut out the general shape and then a sanding drum to smooth things out. No more clamp rubbing and looks much nicer with the infills installed.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts