Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm really excited about this new track and wanted to get a discussion going on it including the basic info. According to their website, they project to be open around the beginning of March 2011. They're branding themselves as a country club for motor sports enthusiasts vs. the old golf club cliche, but that doesn't seem to make a difference for us poor track riders. We still get to ride without being private members. Maybe we can wave to the folks holding their martini glasses with their pinkies in the air as we scream down the front stretch :cool:. Or find a rich sugar momma to pay our bills.

They have detailed map drawings on their site with elevation info as well. Appears it will be a counter clockwise course and around 2 miles in length for the full course, with plenty of hills to have fun with. Join them on facebook and you can see their up to date pics on construction. Hopefully they will be ready on time. I'm sure MotorinMark or another STT rep can fill us in on gate open/close times, power usage procedures, camping at the track, setting up the day before, etc. details as they come available. I personally like to bring a tent to save $$$ on hotel bills so i can do more track days. A lot of the details like this are limited on the site so far.

Atlanta Motorsports Park
20 Duck Thurmond Road, Dawsonville, GA 30534.

http://atlantamotorsportspark.net Their website
http://atlantamotorsportspark.net/pictures.shtml maps
http://Sportbiketracktime.com Track days at AMP from March thru all year.
Not sure on other groups running here, someone fill us in.

I'm signed up for A group on 3-19-11 and plan on taking notes, vids, pics, etc. and posting here for those who like to see that type of stuff prior to going to a new track. I'll post a review and hope to get other's perspective as well. I don't plan on racing this year so hopefully more track days in the budget. Lets Go!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm signed up for A group on 3-19-11 and plan on taking notes, vids, pics, etc. and posting here for those who like to see that type of stuff prior to going to a new track. I'll post a review and hope to get other's perspective as well. I don't plan on racing this year so hopefully more track days in the budget. Lets Go!!
I too am very excited about this track... but I will keep my fingers crossed that they have it done in time for your detailed review (as I will certainly want to have as much input before I venture onto it). As of their tour on the 8th, there is NO pavement down except for the entrance. They are still grading on some sections of the track also. THey need temps of atleast 45-47 degrees to lay down pavement for it to cure, and lately mother nature has not cooperated at all.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
This sounds really good another track within 4 hours drive from home.
Just hope they don't go the same way as Blue Grass Motorsports went!!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I hope it is a good time due to the fact that STT is doing only one:blech2: day at Little tally in 2011:blech2: which I love and would prefer to spend most of my $$ for a riding season.
Dave -

As an option to do Tally with a good group at a good price, I give you X-Act Motorsports, Inc. facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/X-ACT-Motorsports-Inc/47984923741

also... I give you ... well... you ... at Road Atlanta. (i was going through my pics and found this one. I didnt even know you were there that day, or I would have come over and spoken):

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got the call today that the new track won't be ready by March 19. No big surprise there since they haven't started paving yet. Now, I'm shooting for April 16. We'll see if its ready then.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Delayed

Got the call today that the track won't be ready for us until at least the middle of August. Guess the projectors were a bit trigger happy with the anticipated march opening date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts