Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mid-October 2020 several of us trailered our bikes to Southwest Virginia Friday. Rained most of the day, heavy at times. Overnight lows in the 30s. Hit the roads Saturday morning at around 11:00 a.m. temps in the 40s. A little over 2 hours to get to Mountain City, TN and then it was onto The Snake US 421. Great ride, had warmed up nicely. Road was clear for the most part, traffic was light overall but did get stuck behind a slow moving car train at one point.

The forecast for Sunday was warmer with highs in the low 60s. Late start due to both Street Triples being low on oil. I accidentally overfilled mine but was able to lean the bike over and pour off the excess into a paper coffee cup. Only a little over 1 hour to get to SR 16 from US 58 which was a nice road itself although traffic was slow through the narrow twisty parts. Once in Marion, VA it was onto the Back of the Dragon. Much less traffic, I think all the way to Tazwell, VA we passed 2 cars in our path. The first was a driver that slowed way down to allow the group by, thank you. Here is a video of the first half for anyone interested.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts