Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put a k and n filter in my bike after market exhaust remapped the engine is there anything else i can do that might get me a lil more out of my bike i donno what else 2 do performance wise also i cut alot of weight from it by fabricating new light weight parts but any other ideas?

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
i put a k and n filter in my bike after market exhaust remapped the engine is there anything else i can do that might get me a lil more out of my bike i donno what else 2 do performance wise also i cut alot of weight from it by fabricating new light weight parts but any other ideas?
PAIR removal is the first thought that came to mind. Another one (if your bike has it) is the California Emissions Canister

But what will you be using the bike for that makes you want to put your 675 on a diet? What are your goals of use for lightening it? I ask because I want to make sure I can let you know further stuff to remove without sacrificing what you'll be using it for.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
go with different sprockets, not really more power to say, but a lot more responsive.
+1

Even one tooth down on the countershaft gives a worthwhile edge to stomp out of turns. NBig value for money.

Like Toobs, I'd love to know what your goals are regarding less weight and more power, although I know lighter/faster with no specific reason is a pretty common approach.

Once you get past a full aftermarket exhaust system, air filter and careful dyno time spent with Tuneboy/Tune ECU to optimise your engine mapping ... you are officially onto The Path of Diminishing Return. From here on, every little bit of extra power you eke out of the bike will start costing serious money.

You can go that way, or you can ride the wheels off the bike and enjoy it as it is ... or cut your losses and buy a more powerful bike.

O.B

·
Banned
941 Posts
NITROUS!!!!!

...just kidding.

how about some track days? nothing will help you go faster than being able to ride it better. As an example, I went to go ride with my buddy who has a fully loaded daytona when i first got my STOCK striple R. He has an elka shock (set to his weight), full leo vince, GPR steering damper, tuneboy, etc. All this and he loses sight of me and my stock bike within 2-3 canyon turns. No parts/mods in the world help better than learning how to ride your bike better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm

hmm really good ideas i donno im just looking 2 get as much out of the bike as possible i guess its just me trying to get it in its optimal standard well like u said lighter is faster and i used to be a machinist so it was easy for me to get a lighter stronger or as strong matl for parts that triumph used heavyer matl with. id have 2 research what teh tooth change in the sprocket really does how much i loose in teh top end what id gain in the low my crew and i pritty much just love back country roads that are twisted so we look for that and take them as fast as we can i am spending the coin for a bigger cc big in like a year or two but i wanna max this one out right now i do need to set my suspenion to my weight but unsure on how to do it properly and im comfortable the way it is now so i dont want 2 mess it up until im positive that ill get it right as for painting it red naww arrest me red i dont need more tickets as for PAIR removal and cali canister not sure what that even is

·
BOTM Marshall
3,511 Posts
bikes nowadays are tuned from the factory damn near the limit of their performance. Without tearing into the motor, there isn't too much you can do other than a pipe and a tune.
as far as shedding weight, you will have to replace a shitpile of parts to gain any substantial benefits. you would have a real difficult time trying to trim much weight off the bike by making new parts....we're talking ounces
Other than the rearsets, what part(s) were you're thinking of replacing with lighter materials?!?

Now taking lots of parts OFF the bike...different story.
this may not be the avenue you were going for but I'll post the link anyway.
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28936&highlight=bare+knuckled

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.