Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey as you can see my Plug got roasted by the bad r/r.

Anyone know where i can buy a sinlge plug from? Ill get the male with the new r/r.

Where can i replace the female, prehaps i can try wreckers.

Also does anyone know if i can jsut crimp the wires together. WOuld this be a problem? Do the plugs do anything useful, other then make it easy to disconnect two wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm its $35 postage to australia, Maybe ill keep looking... ALthgough you have scared me off crimping... Ill go to a wreckers and see if i can find the part!

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Eastern beaver has the whole kit, I ordered mine on sunday and it should be here in the states late this week early next week via post office.

Pretty nice kit, comes with the metri pack connectors you need to make it work for the stator input and r/r outputs plus the fuse.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Eastern Beaver for the whole kit. Keep in mind though his kit does not have long wires so if you're looking to mount in other than stock location I'd ask for longer wiring. Well, at least for my kit it would only go in stock location comfortably.

·
Registered
653 Posts
To answer whether you can crimp the connectors or not, yes you can. I believe Decosse has crimped his for all of his bikes. But he has a lot of experience working with electronics. The concern with crimping is if it isn't done right you get a bad connection causing arcing and lots and lots of heat. For me, to play it safe, I'm going to crimp then solder the connections to be certain there is no issues. I have to assume that EB will make adequate crimps and if not then they will most likely solder.

Either way better safe than sorry. The reason why your harness melted is most likely a loose connection, a fair amount of current and voltage available at that junction to cause an issue. Couple that with a bad R/R you get a fire. I'll assume your R/R is shot?

The metri pack connectors are said to have a significantly better mating surface so the risk of arcing is a lot lower. So yes the connectors make a big difference.

Play it safe, invest in good connectors. You might be able to locate a supplier for the metri pack things in AUS, they are a delphi part so I'd have to think they're world wide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts