Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
tune boy! is it worth the program? how is working with the program? anyone know about this ?
Save your money and just download the TunECU program and get a VAG ODB-II cable. You can do pretty much everything Tuneboy does without paying that much. Of course Tuneboy will have the support from their site but there's also support for TunECU from this site.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have Tuneboy/Tune edit and they work pretty well
I have a reasonably modern laptop and have had no problems with installing or running the program.
I have had no connection issues between laptop and ECU -
I have had the bike on a Dyno and used Tune edit to modify the fuel and ignition maps (well the technician did it actually I just watched :)
The diagnostics correctly identified I had not plugged in the secondary air induction system after some engine work .

I have not (until now :) ) heard of tuneECU or I probably would have checked it out.

Whether it is worth it or not ? I think so even though it's not cheap.
Bear in mind you can turn your ECU into a brick if you download crap to it :)
It's a bit like updating the BIOS on a PC and getting it wrong - and I have to confess to doing that !! ( I'm a systems guy :) )

It is also cool if you lap times are crap you can connect up in the pit and frown knowingly at the screen and pretend the bike was not running right :lousyputer_smilie:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
http://www.tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/index.html

NOTE ALL THE WARNINGS AND DISCLAIMERS !!!!
There are plenty of members here that have used the TunECU program, myself included, and have not run into any issues. The disclaimers are more for those that go into their ECU and start messing around with their fuel/air ratio when they have no idea of what they are doing. Members have also posted up tunes that they have used successfully. As long as you don't go messing around with anything you have no idea about or ask here before you do, you will be ok.

Like I said that is the advantage of getting the Tuneboy is for the direct support from their site and staff.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have both TuneBoy and TuneECU , before TuneECU came out I used TuneBoy on several Triumphs and still use it on my 99 Sprint as I do have connection problems on it with TuneECU. That being said I have used TuneECU on over 2 Dozen Triumphs without any issue what-so-ever including my Track Daytona with a RACE ECU. Both companies run the same disclaimers which is pretty much parr for the course in these times. I actually find TuneECU easier to use ! And of course you can not beat the price !!!

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
tune boy! is it worth the program? how is working with the program? anyone know about this ?
Tuneboy versus TuneECU
Tubeboy: $300+
TuneECU: FREE

OBDII cable to USB
Tuneboy (included)
TuneECU: go on ebay and search. Can get one for $10

Changing Map:
Tuneboy: (included...but for only 1 bike). $75+ to get another code for another bike
Tune ECU: free

Ease of use:
both...about the same

Customer Support:
Tuneboy: Can call or email. (never had to use them)
TuneECU: web/community based--a total round table.

You're call...

As for me...I had Tuneboy for several years. If this was out and I had a choice...I would have gone with TuneECU easily! However Ive used it so many times to diagnose CEL and changed my map to a custom stock exhaust tune that someone posted that Ive already gotten my money's worth with saved trips to the dealership.

I will actually try TuneECU tonight when I flash a buddy's Bonneville ECU to a different map since he got Predators (we will use the Arrow 2-into-2 exhaust tune)...should be straight-forward just like Tuneboy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts