Triumph 675 Forums banner

Any Suspension Setup Shops in Long Island?

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jedclampet1 
#1 ·
Hey guys finally got my bike back together after lazy/slow/trouble shooting filled maintenance. I wanted to get the bikes suspension setup for my weight. I know of a few good shops outside of NY (Washington cycles) which is the go to place for most, but I was looking for something a bit more local.

OR, If anyone has a good grasp on setting up suspension and wouldn't mind educating this fool. I have watched a bunch of youtube videos but am a hands on learner.

#2 ·
If anyone has a good grasp on setting up suspension and wouldn't mind educating this fool. I have watched a bunch of youtube videos but am a hands on learner.
Start with installing correct springs and valving, then move on to setup.

Start in the middle of adjustment according to most advice (or at the minimum damping if you listen to me) and adjust until the bike does what you need. You can find a nice helpful guide to setup attached to this message.

Attachments

Reactions: Disrupt
#9 ·
Basic guidelines

Try setting rider sag at 40mm front and 30- 35 rear, btw most bikes come with springs set for a rider weighing near 180 lbs. I then found the stock and recommended settings in my owners manual which read something like stock, sport and track. I moved it from stock to sport and was blown away on how great it felt on both smooth and bumpy windy roads. fwiw the sport settings felt way way stiff in the parking lot yet great when riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.