Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. May have oppertunity in Boston. need some help if relocating. Please PM me if you can help answer some questions about moving family :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
while i would hate to see this, if it has to happen then i hope the best for you jeff. if its an opportunity that you have to take i understand, hope it all works well. :thumbup:

on the other hand, i still never got to have a BBQ at your place, so if you have to leave, you own me some BBQ before you go. :laugh:

anyone in beantown can chime in and tell him how shitty it is to live there... :whistle:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I'm in MA, but I'm not sure what you mean about moving a family. I'll help ya with what I can.
prob looking for good school districts, good neighborhoods, suitable for raising a family, in accordance with where his new job will be located. :whistle:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I hate to be a downer, but my delivery charge for bringing the bike to Woodstock and bringing the bike to Mass are going to be drastically different :nod:

·
Registered
390 Posts
where's the new job?

there are a lot of good towns with good schools, but they are costlier than others. it's all depends on your budget and job location.

Q

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hate to be a downer, but my delivery charge for bringing the bike to Woodstock and bringing the bike to Mass are going to be drastically different :nod:
dont think i have forgotten. my wife will stay here until the house sells. this may still happen bro. just dont get too excited. its all about the TAX RETURNS:whistle:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where's the new job?

there are a lot of good towns with good schools, but they are costlier than others. it's all depends on your budget and job location.

Q
Looking to comute into Boston
have two small children and one large dog. looking for a house and yard . i know its pricey so i will commute most def to get what i can afford. right now i travel 45 minutes so 1hr or more is ok. I understand taking the T is also pretty good.
so to make it short, safe, house, yard, within reason of $ and good area to raise a family.:nod:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looking to comute into Boston
have two small children and one large dog. looking for a house and yard .
what i would recommend is looking into NH a little. the housing market is pretty crashed up here so you will find some great deals. just watch for the taxes in towns just over the border.

stay away from Lynn and Somerville in MA. those are the two that stand out that i constantly hear about. another is south of Boston and the city is called Brockton. now these are just things i hear about. i moved up to NH about 8 years ago so i am not all that sure about these, but they are a constant bad-vibe when people talk about them.

you should really consider making a trip up here for a week or so to check things out. one thing i heard that is a good barometer as to how a place is is to walk into the local convenience stores and check out their selections of 40oz beers. funny, but kind of true.

what kind of puppy do you have? i have a 10 year old Doberman and a 7 month old Boxer. hard to find rentals with the Dobie and has been for ten years...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
black lab, so shes usually OK for renters. i have had a few good leads here so i will follow them all. i will be up next week to start work. i will be put up for 90 days or so while my wife sells the house. so i feel i will have plenty of time to look. i do not like waiting, getting a head start on this stuff makes me less stressed. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
guys, comin up this week. hit me up if anyone wants to meet up or show me some hoods, ill buy lunch:thumbup:

·
Registered
437 Posts
i wish i could help out. i know some place in NH, but nothing major. things like go to GasLight Pizza in Portsmouth, NH. so. good. and if you are looking to get tattooed i know quite a few shops to recommend unless you would like to come to NH an go to the shop i work at.

oh- and go to Chunky's theatre/restaurant in Haverhill for dinner and a movie. Bethany and i are treating her mom and fiancee' to that tonight. good food and they serve you while you are watching the movie. hell- you can get a beer as well due to them being a restaurant. awesome stuff.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well im here with the family. west roxbury, close to work. now need to get plates and insurance. its cold here

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
welcome to the state. Yeah it's cold here. Today was one of the warmest ones yet. It'll get better. No worries.

Let me know if you want to get up and ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool, West Roxbury was going to be my suggestion reading through this thread. Let me know if there are any questions I can answer. Been in Boston 7 years now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts