Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt many schedules have been announced yet but I'm wondering if any one else is doing one? If so with who?

Personally, I'll be doing a simple 1 day school with TPM or perhaps penguin.

:scooter:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I will be doing California Superbike levels 3 and 4 this year. Not sure when yet but most likely at the Streets of Wllow.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Do Penguin. I did their schools a couple years ago and they were fantastic!

I'm not knocking TPM, as I ride with them all of the time, but I'm not really sure how much of a race school they actually have. I asked them about it in the past, and the information was always pretty vague.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do Penguin. I did their schools a couple years ago and they were fantastic!

I'm not knocking TPM, as I ride with them all of the time, but I'm not really sure how much of a race school they actually have. I asked them about it in the past, and the information was always pretty vague.
Yeah, I was doing to do TPM last fall but weather got in the way. I too was talking to them about it and they were extremely vague.

The main thing that has me hesitating about penguin is it would most likely be on a track I haven't ridden yet. Did you do a penguin 1 or 2 day school?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'll be doing either the first or second TPM race school once I figure out the schedule

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
No road race schools scheduled yet. But I am planning on possibly doing the Two Day Cornerspin Dirt Bike school. (supposedly great practice for road racers/track riders).

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
This year I am meant to be foregoing my usual trips to watch races such as SBK and MotoGP, and directing the cash saved into doing CSS.

That means trailering the bike over to Phillip Island. It's a lot of arsing around, but I reckon it'll be worth it. CSS at one of the world's best tracks? Yes please ...

O.B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well if you were ever out here in Salt Lake I would suggest going to the http://www.utahsba.com/news/index.php?/archives/206-2011-ART,-S-ART,-ST-ART-and-Supermoto-dates.html

I did two of these classes last year and they were awesome!! My riding has improved so much. I plan on going to almost every class they are offering this year. Then hopefully by the year after that I will be on the race track. :)

These are also really good to go to if you want a great track day.
http://www.apextrackdays.com/schedule/

They have instructors there for people to take advantage of if you want too. They are very helpful as well.

Plus my Daytona loves Miller. :) The two go really hand and hand. :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
If finances would have allowed I would be all over another CSS level or two this year, but getting married is limiting funding. What ever cash I have will be going towards a limited trackday season. Looks like I will be doing alot of Summit Point days since its only an hours drive from my house.

I'll just have to be jealous of those of you who get to go an do all these schools.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm doing another round at the Yamaha Champions Riding School, might even book two weekends if I can swing the $$$.

Also going to a Supermoto USA camp and Rich Olliver's school at some point.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm doing another round at the Yamaha Champions Riding School, might even book two weekends if I can swing the $$$.

Also going to a Supermoto USA camp and Rich Olliver's school at some point.
I did one with them in Dec. I picked up a ton of speed on the second day. YCRS was the best school I've done. It was worth the $$. I"m planning on going back again for the June 1-3 class.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Looked it up, and I must say I would LOVE to do that!
Yea, slim pickings in the off season, but I've heard from a few AMA racers that Oliver's camp is the shit. We'll see.

I was considering the Collin Edwards 3-day camp, but the Oliver School is a way better bargain and probably a little more serious. Would be cool to hang with Edwards and Spies though.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Yea, slim pickings in the off season, but I've heard from a few AMA racers that Oliver's camp is the shit. We'll see.

I was considering the Collin Edwards 3-day camp, but the Oliver School is a way better bargain and probably a little more serious. Would be cool to hang with Edwards and Spies though.
Just looked it up.. Looks awesome. Why does all the good stuff have to be in California?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Because that's where they can get people who have money that can actually afford cool shit....lol.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts