Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... But I think mine is a little more unique.

I have a 09 street triple currently running the 20198 tune.

My current plan is to install a set of daytona camshafts, and I need a good starter tune. I know I will have to manually copy and paste each table since TuneEcu knows what ecm and range I have.
I will do a complete tune on the dyno, so I am basically I'm looking for a known good tune to copy.
Specs:
Old style head
Airbox mods
High mount straight through exhaust
Stock headers with upgrade collector and midpipe

·
Super Moderator
11,901 Posts
Copy and pase the OEM fuel and ignition maps from the base tune for the Daytona. That's where I would start. Keep us (me) updated on this I'm very curious on your results. I have a set of Daytona cams I could put in my bike but really haven't been able to convince myself to do so.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yon now have basically a Daytona with a slip on so I'd put the TOR map on for the earlier Daytona with the old shape exhausts. This is a good mod and will gain numbers at the top end :nod:

Whilst your at it why not look at putting a set of barrels and pistons of the new Tiger in there and make it 800cc of triple power.

·
Super Moderator
11,901 Posts
Yes, I forgot you need to copy over the tune from a 2008 and older Daytona. Personally I'd just stick with the base map as I've had the best results with it aftermarket exhaust or not. What most people don't bother doing is resetting their adaptation parameters and giving the bike time to relearn them. Once done I see more HP with the stock map then with the TOR map and the Arrow Daytona map really only works with well the full system.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mac, that's what I needed to know.

Had the bike strapped on the dyno yesterday to get an idea of a starting point, but the dyno computer took a dump.

Looks like the project is getting delayed again

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I wonder if the different pistons would have an influence, except for reliability, perhaps ?

·
Super Moderator
11,901 Posts
Well they are different parts numbers but other then that I haven't seen any confirmation on what the difference is.

Both bikes have the same compression ratio and the same exhaust valves but the intake are different. It's possible that the piston are the same material but that they have different valve relief. If this was the case then its possible with the added lift of the Daytona came the valves could hit the piston.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.