Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard of a great weight saver where you take off your Regulator Rectifier and sell it to someone really cheap (me) :thumbup:
Anyone in Aus got a wreck sitting in the garage with a Regulator Rectifier still attached? Or, has anyone purchased on the generic ones from regulatorrectifier.com? Peter Stevens Geelong quoted me around $550 and the generic ones are going for USD150 but I'm unsure of their quality.

Cheers, Baz.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I've already said it, and I maintain, I've heard nothing but bad feedback fro Peter Stevens here, I'd be embarrassed if I were them :laugh:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Its not just Peter Stevens . My Triumph Mechanic wanted $600 for the new one. Bloody Rip.

I got mine of Regulator Rectifier for 150USD.

Its amazing. Much better. and MUCH CHEAPER. Posted in 10 working days.

Do that, you wont regret it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Its not just Peter Stevens . My Triumph Mechanic wanted $600 for the new one. Bloody Rip.

I got mine of Regulator Rectifier for 150USD.

Its amazing. Much better. and MUCH CHEAPER. Posted in 10 working days.

Do that, you wont regret it.
How difficult to fit for those with little mechanical and no electrical skills?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just had my Stator, R/R & Battery changed under warranty with PS Melb. I must say I had zero satisfaction & continually followed them up to find out what was happening. My bike was with them for 3 painful wks & FYI apparently the stator is something like $1k - so b thankful this didn't fail on yours (which isn't as common as the R/R).

I've since had issues with my bike blowing park/brake/plate light fuse - which is really annoying. Yet what really upsets me is that I still have the issue of my gear selector displaying incorrectly when gearing down - which is the original reason I booked in with them!! They thought it would b fixed with doing the above wk, obviously not, yet I don't have many dyno options with warranty coverage, so looks like I'll have to go to them & follow this up. I think I'm going to take it to my mechanic for re-wiring first & if what's done there is related to the work done @ PS we can chase up the money with them for this - so over it!!

I don't blame u for looking elsewhere & for alternate options. Hope the US part is a goer & all works out nicely with u having no more issues :smile:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all,
Ive been considering buying a new rectifier, there isnt anything wrong with the one on my street triple r now, but im not filled with confidence and seeing that the warranty is out in April I might do it! Looking at regulatorrectifier.com there is the daytona one and the street triple one....however the Daytona one is 'plug and play' while the street triple one has one plug and other wires to solder. So can I put the daytona one on my street triple or not?- maybe easier than soldering, but hey if I have to I have to right! and they are the wizzbang Mosfett one too, nice. they look very simple to fit, am I right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.