Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! New guy from Melbourne, Australia here.

Been lurking here for the last few months as my mind turned to the Daytona 675 as an upgrade. Spent hours upon hours looking at reviews & pics. Yeah.....that's for me :cool:

Spent some time looking for a tidy unit and finally found the one. An 08 neon blue with bugger all (6000K's) on the clock. Sealed the deal with the seller up in Brisbane. Job done.

Then the skies in Queensland opened up!! NOOOOOOOOOOooooo!! Floods have wreaked havoc in most of that state. Consequently my bike is trapped up there until the water subsides. The seller lives on high ground which is great but my transport company carrier is still under water! Gunna be a while before it finally gets down to me. I can wait though, after watching these poor bastards up in QLD affected by these floods. Crazy stuff.

Anyway.........hope to learn heaps about my new ride from being around here. Cheers

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
welcome and congrats on the purchase. i thought whilst reading , i hope its not a story of a 675 turning into a jetski ,, lol. but all jokes aside the poor people of Qld , im donating to a relief fund.

keep us updated when you get the new ride.

·
Registered
752 Posts
A little bit off subject, but I was wondering about the Australian sport bike scene. Here in states the sport bike scene is over run with sandal and t-shirt wearing, GSXR riding asshats. Is it the same over there?:laugh:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Then the skies in Queensland opened up!! NOOOOOOOOOOooooo!! Floods have wreaked havoc in most of that state. Consequently my bike is trapped up there until the water subsides. The seller lives on high ground which is great but my transport company carrier is still under water! Gunna be a while before it finally gets down to me. I can wait though, after watching these poor bastards up in QLD affected by these floods. Crazy stuff.

Anyway.........hope to learn heaps about my new ride from being around here. Cheers
Welcome from NSW, good to see more Aussies getting on the forum. :thumbup:
Hope you get your ride soon, the Queensland floods have turned out to be a real disaster and I feel for the people affected.

A little bit off subject, but I was wondering about the Australian sport bike scene. Here in states the sport bike scene is over run with sandal and t-shirt wearing, GSXR riding asshats. Is it the same over there?:laugh:
There are certainly a percentage of that kind of rider over here, we affectionately call them organ donors, but I wouldn't say they represent the the majority of riders in Oz, there are, in my experience far more ATGATT riders over here.

Cheers
Rob.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can't speak for the city, but out in rural areas in Australia most sport bikers are a generation or two older than me. there are squids but they are a minority. me and my mates always kit up when seriously riding, but it's so hot here I will ride in shorts if i'm just cruising at low speed.

lots of potential squids in the rural areas ride dirt bikes instead of sport bikes, so we don't get the jandal wearing ghostrider wannabees. but this is probably different in the cities, as there is no dirt trails.

my 2 cents...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Is it the same?? ..... ahh.. yes.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Welcome and congrats. What area of Vic are you from?

I recently sold a Neon Blue 08 675 to get a 2010 675 SE. and my mate just bought a neon blue 675 last week.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You can add a few R6 and R1 riders to that too but the answer is yes.
Was sitting on a friends balcony in StKilda last night right on the beach and just laughed at the amount of riders going by in singlets and T's.

Saw a rider on a CBR250RR with pillion both in shorts and T. Fools.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah zxrno1, I have noticed plenty on here from the country's greatest city! :whistle: Pic was a laugh (without taking away from our northern neighbours plight). They seem to be working like soldier ants at the clean up. Nothing like aussie spirit to get in there and just get the job done.

I'm in the northern suburbs Juz. Up in Mernda. Just 10 minutes away from some very nice roads! Only noticed one black daytona around here but a couple more on the group rides that I frequent.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Welcome Svinton!

Quite a few Aussies on here and some good knowledge to be shared. Hope you enjoy it.

Regarding the squid issue (squissue?) all I can say is "squids love the city." I ride either up in the hills or on the track, never in the city, and hence almost never see squids.

Hit the town and it's different ... not heaps around here, but they're out there alright. Squids are out to be seen, so needless to say they go where the most people are.

Briefly ... a year or so ago I was with my riding mates up in the hills, taking a break at a cafe. A whole posse of guys we'd never seen before showed up ... the latest and greatest bikes, carbon and high end performance parts everywhere. No gear, just street clothes, girlfriends on the back.

We spoke to them and asked if they'd been around long, as we'd never run across them before. They told us that they ride a couple of times a week, and had been doing so for years. Where? Anzac Highway.

(For those of you who don't know Adelaide, Anzac highway is a flat, straight, multi-lane road that connects the city with the beach.)

Well, that'd explain the missing centre lines on their tyres ...

O.B

·
Banned
365 Posts
You can add a few R6 and R1 riders to that too but the answer is yes.
Was sitting on a friends balcony in StKilda last night right on the beach and just laughed at the amount of riders going by in singlets and T's.

Saw a rider on a CBR250RR with pillion both in shorts and T. Fools.
Lol, Fools? try not too judge too harshly m8.
Im guessing starting out your L's, u had some element of squid in you. If seasoned WA or California Local Boyz want to do wheelies in T-shirts, So be it.
If some guys feel comfortable any situation wearing a 1 piece racing suit, thats great for them too.

Im more worried about my own shit on or off the bike to focus on the highly successful habits of other riders.
If theyre on 2 wheels (No mopeds) , and riding in Melbourne Cbd, we have enough in common that I will give them a nod. They dont wanna nod back, more power to them.

O yeh welcome m8

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Flood relief is still costing me transport time. I feel like a kid counting down the days til santa's arrival! Don't even want to get on my garaged 250.

At this rate my parts will arrive before my freakin bike does. This is painful.
:notamused:

On a side note, the aussie influx here is encouraging.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Mate and Welcome. I feel your pain. I'm 42 days from a full license, and hopefully about 44days from my new daytona.

:D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Finally picked up my new baby today. Numb throttle hand on arrival home concerns me! Gunna take some getting used to the body position.

Can't get the smile off my dial :grin:
Hey nice bike
If the numb hand bothers you take it the Charlie at turn one motorcycles in Kensington he will modify it for you and it won't happen again

1 - 20 of 24 Posts