Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.shoraipower.com/Default.aspx?

They have a 2 year warranty and a number of fitment options. The smallest options is slightly larger in capacity but has the same CCA but is 50% the size of the stock battery and over 4lbs lighter. Not to mention it's only $110. Then there are the bigger ones which are still smaller and lighter then stock but have in some cases nearly double the capacity and CCAs.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Wow, it's telling me 4.81 Lbs. lighter than the Standard YTX9-BS battery. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
That's a good weight loss from a high-mounted fixture on the bike. Now if only we could move it to the front of the gas tank like on the new Speed Triple. :thumbup:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Struth! The postage rates are a bit rich ...

S.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
One of my buds has one on order for his Hyper and I am interested as well. I will report back after he installs his with his impression.:thumbup:
DT

·
Registered
851 Posts
These are nice batteries. I like how there are three different ones to choose from.

I like these batteries because they have the stock look, compared to some other lithium batteries, which look like an R/C car battery pack, shrink wrapped with a connector coming out the side.

If I didn't JUST buy a new battery, I'd get one of these. When the time comes.

Homer

·
Registered
251 Posts
I thought the stock battery only weighed around 4lbs anyway.

I've reports of these batteries not performing well in the real world, but I've not tried them personally.

Rob

·
Registered
923 Posts
I thought the stock battery only weighed around 4lbs anyway.

I've reports of these batteries not performing well in the real world, but I've not tried them personally.

Rob
Do you have any links to these reports? As far as I have read, everyone who has actually tried the batteries is pretty happy with them.

Thanks
Scott

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
http://www.bifracing.co.uk/shop/track-bike-service-maintenance-superlight-batteries-c-189_699

http://www.carbon-imports.com.au/index.php?manufacturers_id=43

4 Cell Superlight Race Battery

£89.99

Specifications:

• Voltage: 13.2V
  • Nominal Capacity: 2.6Ah
  • Weight: 390 g / .86 lbs
  • Dimensions: 120mm x 30mm x 57mm
  • Suggested Use: 4-Stroke up to 600cc
Recommended Operating Conditions:

• Max Continuous Discharge: 50A
  • Pulse Discharge: (10 sec) 150A
  • Operating Temperature: -4°F to +140°F / -20°C to +60°C
  • Standard Charge: 5A to 14.4V
  • Fast Charge: 10A to 14.4V
  • Charge and Cutoff Voltage: 14.4V to 8V

8 Cell Superlight Race Battery

£163.00

8 Cell Superlight Race Battery

Mota-lab's new Superlight Race Battery Packs are a revolution in battery technology. Our Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) batteries offer an average of 80% weight reduction, far greater starting power and a much longer lifespan when compared to the lead-acid batteries they are designed to replace.
Features:
· Light weight, saves 80% on average over lead-acid batteries.
· High cranking power for easy starting.
· Over 5 year average lifespan.
· Safe, no risk of fire or explosion.
· No maintenance required.
· Low self-discharge (5% every 6 months).
· 2-year warranty.

Starting Power:There is simply no comparison between our batteries and lead-acid batteries when it comes to stating your bike, which is what motorcycle batteries are designed for. Our packs offer super high cranking power - generally twice the cranking power of the lead-acid batteries they replace!
Capacity:Our listed capacities are the real nominal capacities under maximum continuous load. Lead-acid battery manufacturers list their capacities under a very minimal load. The capacity of a lead-acid battery decreases as the load increases so under real world circumstances the actual Ah rating of a lead-acid battery is significantly lower. For example, our 4 cell, 2.6Ah battery is designed to replace a 5-7Ah lead-acid battery.
A Real Life Example:The Ducati 1098 comes standard with a Yuasa YTX14 battery, which weighs 8.06 lbs (3657.09 g) and produces 200 cold cranking amps (CCA). Our 8 cell battery weighs only 1.61 lbs (730 g) and has a 300 amp discharge (similar to CCA). Our batteries reduce weight by 6.45 lbs (2925 g) while increasing cranking power by 100 amps! Besides starting the Ducati 1098 easier and dropping a considerable amount of weight our batteries last several times as long as the original battery, require no maintenance (such as trickle charging) and includes a 2-year warranty!
Construction Techniques:We hand assemble our battery packs at our lab in Los Angeles, California. We weld nickel tabs and oxygen free high strand count copper cables using a capacitive discharge (CD) dual pulse welder with pneumatic welding heads. No soldering is used in the construction of our battery packs. We use only brand new, grade A, cells sourced directly from the manufacturer in the USA. Every aspect of the processes and materials involved in the construction of our batteries has been well thought out, tested and proven. The end result is a battery with superior materials and construction that we can stand behind with a 2-year warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Specifications:
Voltage
13.2V
Nominal Capacity
5.2Ah
Weight
730 g / 1.61 lbs
Dimensions
120mm x 60mm x 57mm
Suggested Use
4-Stroke up to 1000cc, 2-Stroke up to 300cc

Recommended Operating Conditions:
Max Continuous Discharge
100A
Pulse Discharge (10 sec)
300A
Operating Temperature
-4°F to +140°F / -20°C to +60°C
Standard Charge
7A to 14.4V
Fast Charge
20A to 14.4V
Charge and Cutoff Voltage
14.4V to 8V

·
Registered
249 Posts
Installed my new Shorai last night. Easy install, no issues. The battery looks to be well made (I purchased the larger of the two listed) and is silly light. I didnt take time to weigh the batteries but dropped a couple of pounds. How much would that cost in CF or Ti?? :)
DT

1 - 20 of 25 Posts