Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any businesses that do anodising within Melbourne.
I'm looking to get a set of brake and clutch levers done, and was also wondering how big a range of dyes they would have.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
871 Posts
I had mine done at Electromold (in Thomastown). Not cheap but good. You need to take all the ferrous bits off yourself.
The turnaround was about two weeks, I nearly went mad not having a bike for that long.
The finish has stood up well over time though.
Hope this helps. :curtsey:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had mine done at Electromold (in Thomastown). Not cheap but good. You need to take all the ferrous bits off yourself.
The turnaround was about two weeks, I nearly went mad not having a bike for that long.
The finish has stood up well over time though.
Hope this helps. :curtsey:
Luckily I want to get my aftermarket set done, so I won't be bikeless. Do you mind me asking how much you paid? Also, do you know if it would be a problem that the metal is 'Forged 6061 Aluminium Alloy' which according to google has a very small amount of iron in it (~0.7%).

http://www.yellowbook.com.au/VIC/ANODISING/Businesses/MELBOURNE-ANODISING-PTY-LTD_1342603

google is your friend.
Get it hard anodised too , that is super cool
Google doesn't give recommendations for places. I have already enquired about quotes from many businesses. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts