Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Im getting my 09 675 this week. I have previously owned the older model until was stolen from garage. Im trying my very best this time to correct my mistakes with security. I want to get an alarm fitted next week. I like the specs of the new Acumen cat 1.1 model. Has anyone got one?

But the main purpose of this thread is to ask for best place to fit the alarm its self? i.e. hard for thief to reach but out of the way for rain jetwashers etc. I really dont want it under the riders seat if at all possible want the space to carry disc lock. plus its the most assesible to attack alarm, I really dont care if RAC have take me somewhere if it ever goes wrong.

Thanks for taking time to read
Ben

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Scorpio SR-i900 Install w/ pics.... - Triumph675.Net Forums

I mounted mine under the tail in between the rider seat and passenger seat. Check out my thread for ideas....
+1, I originally had the SR-i900 installed under the tank but it turned out to be a bad idea, since the tank acted as a muffler for the alarm, surround metal blocked the signal and the tank wouldn't sit right afterward. Installing it between the seats (in the vertical space right above the factory alarm space) is the perfect solution.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
+1, I originally had the SR-i900 installed under the tank but it turned out to be a bad idea, since the tank acted as a muffler for the alarm, surround metal blocked the signal and the tank wouldn't sit right afterward. Installing it between the seats (in the vertical space right above the factory alarm space) is the perfect solution.
+1 also, I stuck mine in the gap between the faring and the seat, above the cavity bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.