Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone modified an aftermarket linear steering damper to mount in the stock location and had good results? If so, what damper did you use and what extent of modification was required?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm still running the stocker myself, but I do believe hyperpro offers two different mounting options....One mounts in the stock location, and the other option is a top mount setup. I personally have only seen the top mount, so I can't give you any info on the other one.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have a progressive Hyperpro. This steering damper is mounted on the stock location. Very good quality for a good price.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I use a cheapo Shindy/Daytona in the stock location on my racebike. No issues except you can't adjust it on the fly like a top or side mount.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to resurrect such an old post, but does anyone know if all of the aftermarket damper options prohibit using a front bike stand in the triple tree?

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Thanks...can I ask what model from Ohlins and if there’s a specific mounting kit you used?
I have a 68mm universal damper. The best mounting kit I've seen is from Attack. Pretty sure this is the one you need, but measure the fork leg where it would clamp onto, just below the triple. Damper Bracket, 52mm, Black

The other end bolts to the stock location under the intake snorkel, but you'll need a pretty large spacer, at least 5mm. Keep in mind this whole kit probably won't work with a street bike; the headlights get in the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts