Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yep, during winter mainly it is a corrosion prevention spray that does what it says on the tin.

Only used it on bolts on the daytona near the exposed area.

On my old sv650 I covered the bike in it and didn't wash it till after winter, came up spanking (snow etc was black by the end of winter :laugh:)

Online/ebay/some dealers.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i live in FL where it doesnt snow i dont need this? I dont know what it says on the tin. I just saw it mentioned in the fairing removal thread and was curious. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Yep, during winter mainly it is a corrosion prevention spray that does what it says on the tin.

Only used it on bolts on the daytona near the exposed area.

On my old sv650 I covered the bike in it and didn't wash it till after winter, came up spanking (snow etc was black by the end of winter :laugh:)

Online/ebay/some dealers.
:curtsey:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah I'd spray it on pretty much everything aluminum.
*edit* and I probably shouldn't have to say this, but don't use it on your brakes.
As above, basically it will burn off from anywhere that gets too hot, so don't freak out when you pull up to a set of lights with a massive plume of smoke lol.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the bike i bought was in tampa and has some surface corrosion on the rearsets and passenger pegs...will it take care of that? Does it remove any existing surface corrosion from the engine block?

·
Registered
513 Posts
ACF-50 and CorrosionX do not remove corrosion, they just protect it from occuring. Both are good products, and I use them regularly on fasteners, battery connections, starter/relay connections, and in the spark plug well after replacing pugs.

I do not recommend spraying it all over an engine. If you want to protect the entire engine, scrub off any corrosion, and spray with Gibbs Brand penetrant. Gibbs protects raw metals extremely well - especially magnesium. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts