Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've settled on the Sato Rear Sets. I was going to buy them on Ebay but I thought that I would ask here where is the place to buy accessories.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Riders Discount and or STG. You have an "issue" and you will be wishing you dealt with these guys instead of Ebay IMO.

·
Registered
712 Posts
^^^^^^ im right there with him. pay a little extra and go to someone you know that will give you good service even after the sale.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, the prices at the two vendors mentioned are LESS than the Ebay price; I just was not sure where to go - Ebay is easy because there is so much in one place BUT I WILL buy from one of the 2 mentioned; thanks.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've only bought from Rider's Discount once and was pleased with the transaction. Item was in stock, shipped and delivered promptly, so I would more than likely purchase from them again. Never had to deal with customer service.

Both of my experiences with STG were terrible. I will never shop with them again and I could never recommend them to anyone. I've only ordered from them twice, but I've had the wrong items sent to me, and they've lied to me and given me the run-around regarding inventory and whether packages were actually shipped. I probably still have most of it documented in writing. If your idea of "great customer service" is STG owner Brian Van calling you at 7am, yelling at you and calling his paying customer an asshole, then by all means, stuff their pockets. Even though Brian later apologized to me for being a hot-headed prick after realizing that they were wrong (both times), they won't be seeing another penny from me based on how he reacted to orders that they clearly botched.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If your idea of "great customer service" is STG owner Brian Van calling you at 7am, yelling at you and calling his paying customer an asshole, then by all means, stuff their pockets. Even though Brian later apologized to me for being a hot-headed prick after realizing that they were wrong (both times), they won't be seeing another penny from me based on how he reacted to orders that they clearly botched.
I have always wondered how some of these retards even start a business.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have always wondered how some of these retards even start a business.
To be fair, I think Brian is actually quite an intelligent individual. I've never met him personally, but I respect the way that he has grown his company over the years.

It's easy to say that a company is great when everything goes smoothly, but as we're all just human, every once in a while, mistakes will happen and folks will make errors in judgment. I rate a company based on how they react and correct these mistakes and errors. This is where STG failed with me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did he remember to say "Have a nice day"
If he keeps that attitude up the next he'll be saying is 'you want fries with that?' :rofl2:

·
Registered
759 Posts
To be fair, I think Brian is actually quite an intelligent individual. I've never met him personally, but I respect the way that he has grown his company over the years.

It's easy to say that a company is great when everything goes smoothly, but as we're all just human, every once in a while, mistakes will happen and folks will make errors in judgment. I rate a company based on how they react and correct these mistakes and errors. This is where STG failed with me.
I used to have a bad temper when I was young. My patience is tested almost daily as an Inside Sales/Business Development Manager. I do not know the whole story and as you pointed out we all make mistakes. However, from what you said, it seems that he called you at 7am to yell at you (as the customer) and called you an asshole. Being the owner of the business, he should have more sense than that. To me, that is utterly unacceptable and bad business any way you slice it. I may be wrong though as I do not know the whole story.

I do not believe the customer is always right in any way shape or form. Trust me, I want to tell people to fuck off on a daily basis but I get some sort of power out of smiling, politely disagreeing with them and letting them know that I will not tolerate being talked to a certain way, and that their account/business is never too big for me to cut them loose if they continue to talk to me or my employees/fellow workers in a degrading and demeaning manner.

The moment you lose your temper and fly off the handle is the moment you lose control and give someone else power.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I used to have a bad temper when I was young. My patience is tested almost daily as an Inside Sales/Business Development Manager. I do not know the whole story and as you pointed out we all make mistakes. However, from what you said, it seems that he called you at 7am to yell at you (as the customer) and called you an asshole. Being the owner of the business, he should have more sense than that. To me, that is utterly unacceptable and bad business any way you slice it. I may be wrong though as I do not know the whole story.

I do not believe the customer is always right in any way shape or form. Trust me, I want to tell people to fuck off on a daily basis but I get some sort of power out of smiling, politely disagreeing with them and letting them know that I will not tolerate being talked to a certain way, and that their account/business is never too big for me to cut them loose if they continue to talk to me or my employees/fellow workers in a degrading and demeaning manner.

The moment you lose your temper and fly off the handle is the moment you lose control and give someone else power.
He was so short-fused that day that he forgot about time zone differences. The start of the business day in the Midwest isn't the same as the West Coast. :whistle: Luckily for him, I work with a lot of East Coast and international clients as well, so I pretty much never sleep... If there was something else going on working him up, he should have taken a second to calm down before making a customer service call.

There's not much to the "whole story". They simply messed up on both of my orders. Mistakes happen, so that's understandable as long as the errors are corrected. Getting him to recognize their oversight wasn't easy, but as I mentioned, he later admitted fault and apologized. I should add that on my final order, he generously gave me a full refund even after they got everything sorted out and delivered. However, he had already lost me as a returning customer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've bought all my riding gear from STG - excellent customer service (& I live in Oz!!). All products delivered as per my ordering. I'd go as far as saying STGs service beats the service provided to me by my local stores. I would send them an email, enquiring the whereabouts of my order (coz I'm impatient!!). I would have a response in my inbox an hr or two later.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Im not sure if Revzilla has what your looking for but i personally like dealing with them. I have only used them twice but both times could not have been smoother. Very polite on the phone and got my rf-1000 for a great deal. They ship super fast too when i bought my shoei i think it arrived to my house the next day. Their website is also very well done and they have begun to follow the STG model with the video reviews. They will also price match. I asked for a price match via email on some boots and they responded to me in about an hour saying that they would match the price. If they have what your looking for i would not hesitate to order from them.

I have not had terrible times dealing with STG but lets just say i was willing to look elsewear. Bought a helmet from them and they sent me the wrong size. They paid to have it shipped back though which is good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
STG IMO OMG

I just ordered three items from them late December and was very pleased with the level of communication and prompt delivery. I live in Canada, and couldn't believe how much I was saving by shopping there. I saved almost $200 versus buying local. I'll be doing more business with them in the future!:notworthy:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Aside from the aforementioned forum sponsors, which are fantastic vendor's by the way. I have had good luck with motosport.com and compacc.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
My stuff's from Twisted Throttle and MotorcycleGear.com (formerly NewEnough.com). Both have given excellent service. :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts