Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BOTM Marshall
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.reddit.com/tb/fd498

Pensacola, Florida (News Journal) -- Two teenagers were shot Saturday night by a 72-year-old man they allegedly beat with a baseball bat during a home-invasion robbery in Ferry Pass.
About 8:45 p.m., three teenage males knocked on the door of a home in the 3300 block of Raines Street, Pensacola Police Department officials said.
When resident Jack Crawford, 72, answered the door, one of the teens hit him in the head with an aluminum bat and tried to force his way into the home.
"I opened it up, and he hit me right off. ... Wham! Split my head open," Crawford said.
"So I shot him and another guy," Crawford said, chuckling as he told the story to a Pensacola News Journal reporter Sunday evening. "I could have shot the third one, but I would have had to shoot him in the back as he ran away."
The attackers fled the scene on foot, and Crawford's 70-year-old sister, who also lives at the home, called the police, he said.
Earl Benard, 15, Nathaniel Nichols, 17, and Curtis Crenshaw, 18, all of Pensacola, have been charged with home-invasion robbery and aggravated battery in connection with the case, police said.
Guns are bad..mmmmK......Well unless you use one to save your life

·
Registered
601 Posts
lol great story. BUT, and I'm not anti gun at all, just think if those kid's folks had guns lying around. the outcome would've been alot different.

·
Banned
365 Posts
"So I shot him and another guy," Crawford said, chuckling as he told the story to a Pensacola News Journal reporter Sunday evening. "I could have shot the third one, but I would have had to shoot him in the back as he ran away."

"chuckling and he told the story" hehe, respect.
You ever see Boyz in the Hood? It always bugged me how Furious Tried to shoot the kid in the back, then goes on about contributing to killing another brother.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Awww... they all survived? Bummer.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
"Just like a kid to bring a baseball bat to a gunfight."

Now, name the actor and movie scene I've butchered ...

O.B

·
Registered
934 Posts
"Just like a kid to bring a baseball bat to a gunfight."

Now, name the actor and movie scene I've butchered ...

O.B
Sean Connery, The Untouchables.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
Loved this in the follow-up story:

[Crawford] was wearing more than a dozen gold rings on his hands and several gold chains around his neck. Asked whether he thought all of that gold made him a robbery target, he shrugged his shoulders.
"They're lucky I let them live," he said. "The next time I'll kill them."

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Nice article! Who cares whether or not he would have shot one in the back? I say if they are still on his property feel free to be trigger happy.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Nice article! Who cares whether or not he would have shot one in the back? I say if they are still on his property feel free to be trigger happy.
It would have been a possible manslaughter charge if he shot them off his property and they hadn't managed to steal anything. Then he goes to Jail instead of them :(

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Guns are bad..mmmmK......Well unless you use one to save your life
Oh, we all know how cops and all innocent people become immortal thanks to their guns :whistle:

·
Registered
631 Posts
He'd be in jail so fast over here!
In fact, they could have been in his house beating his wife and he'd still be in jail over here!

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
I love guns but honestly this doesn't happen very often. All the guy had to do was look through the peephole first. Also it doesn't say how old man got to his gun? I mean he answered the door with his gun in hand?
It said either in that article or a follow-up that he answered with his gun because he was suspicious of someone knocking so late. He didn't have a peephole.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Whenever I conceal carry in my home state my penis grows 2+ inches and that is a scientific fact!
And so it should :coolgleamA:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts