Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm thinking of chopping in my 2010 ZX6R for the new 675R Daytona. I've always lusted after the Daytona but chose the Ninja over it as I had a nasty accident the year before and wrote off my Fireblade. I had a few bikes at the time and sold them when I was recovering. I decided to get back into biking and go down to one bike and back down to a 600 again to get back into the swing of things. I guess my priorities were different then and although I loved the Daytona I decided to get the Ninja due to the relaxed ergos and bigger size. Things have changed and I made the mistake of riding a STR halfway though last year and then was fortunate enough to end up buying one. I use the STR for general commuting but it's still really capable, corners really well and is really fun. I use the ninja for weekend rides or the odd trackday.

I just wanted your opinions. Do you think the 675R is worth the money and whether id really notice any difference over my Ninja / STR. Or should I just keep the ninja and as I have the STR, I have a bike with the 675 engine and wait for next year and look at buying one of the new litre bikes with traction control etc? I'm really torn, as I love the looks of the new 675R and it's great it comes with all that extra suspension - but it's the same engine as my STR and there might not be much of a difference over my Ninja. (My ninja has a PCV, Akraprovic exhaust , rearsets, and some other bits and pieces).

Thanks,

Steve

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Hi all,

I'm thinking of chopping in my 2010 ZX6R for the new 675R Daytona. I've always lusted after the Daytona but chose the Ninja over it as I had a nasty accident the year before and wrote off my Fireblade. I had a few bikes at the time and sold them when I was recovering. I decided to get back into biking and go down to one bike and back down to a 600 again to get back into the swing of things. I guess my priorities were different then and although I loved the Daytona I decided to get the Ninja due to the relaxed ergos and bigger size. Things have changed and I made the mistake of riding a STR halfway though last year and then was fortunate enough to end up buying one. I use the STR for general commuting but it's still really capable, corners really well and is really fun. I use the ninja for weekend rides or the odd trackday.

I just wanted your opinions. Do you think the 675R is worth the money and whether id really notice any difference over my Ninja / STR. Or should I just keep the ninja and as I have the STR, I have a bike with the 675 engine and wait for next year and look at buying one of the new litre bikes with traction control etc? I'm really torn, as I love the looks of the new 675R and it's great it comes with all that extra suspension - but it's the same engine as my STR and there might not be much of a difference over my Ninja. (My ninja has a PCV, Akraprovic exhaust , rearsets, and some other bits and pieces).

Thanks,

Steve
As I see it, the R is a good bike with great suspension, but if you just ride street I think the D675 is plenty. If you track I see where the suspension can be handy, but that is just me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i've ridden the zx6 and i own a daytona...two different types of power imo. i feel the D675 will pull your guts away much like the STR but, they say that there will also be a power increase so perhaps you may want to keep that in mind. i considered the ZX636 but chose the daytona because of the torque- i hope i can get my hands on a 675R because i reckon' the punters will be laying deposit's down as quick as the dealers will take them.

if i we're you i'd drop one of your hoerse's for the new dayt.

·
Registered
389 Posts
D675R is a badass and sexy bike. But for a few hundred more I would opt for a base BMW S1000RR. Sure it isn't as sexy/pretty IMO as the Daytona, nor sound as good IMO, but has it licked everywhere else.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Hard choice as i like different machines..

since you have a STR i would say no on the 675R, unless you could swing keeping the 6R and the STR...

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
D675 + add-ons > D675R :whistle:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Personally is the D675R worth it for the price? Yes. Is an ohlin's setup and brembro's needed for the street ? No. But if you think about the paint, ohlins and brembros & carbon bits, also labor if you paid for them on a brand new regualr D675 you're coming out at a better deal IMO.

I don't ride track yet.. but even so I think for what it is the D675R is one sexy limited bike and very much worth it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
dude whats the debate, the 675 is the baddest middleweight bike out there, AND THEN you have the 675r making the baddest middleweight even better, no question get the 675 r its ONLY 1500 more then the reg youve got to be kidding like that is even a question,

·
Registered
165 Posts
i hope i can get my hands on a 675R because i reckon' the punters will be laying deposit's down as quick as the dealers will take them.
I agree. My local dealer says he has taken deposits for four already and the bike doesn't even come out here until April!

I wouldn't buy one unless I was going to take it to the track. The way I ride on the street I probably wouldn't see the benefit in the better suspension/brakes.

·
Registered
332 Posts
$11,999
http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/13580_13582.aspx

The only problem I see with this bike and I know this is going to hurt to hear but its under powered and down on top speed. The I4 600's for 2011 year have have almost 15 mph more top end stock for stock and almost 10 more bhp. The biggest complaint I hear from expert racers on WERA is what I just mentioned, build for build be it stock or superbike is they can pull off the corner good but get smoked half way down the straight by the I4's.

I personally owned one of the first 2006 675 in Maryland when they came out and loved the bike but would never drop $10,499 for a d675 that hasn't changed since its release. Lets be honest once you get moving on the track the first three gears mean nothing (only real change made in 09), take it from me I am a trackday coach with TPM (Team Pro-Motion) and have personally coached several members from this forum including providing them video of the 675.net private day we held this past season.

·
Registered
752 Posts
$11,999
http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/13580_13582.aspx

The only problem I see with this bike and I know this is going to hurt to hear but its under powered and down on top speed. The I4 600's for 2011 year have have almost 15 mph more top end stock for stock and almost 10 more bhp. The biggest complaint I hear from expert racers on WERA is what I just mentioned, build for build be it stock or superbike is they can pull off the corner good but get smoked half way down the straight by the I4's.

I personally owned one of the first 2006 675 in Maryland when they came out and loved the bike but would never drop $10,499 for a d675 that hasn't changed since its release. Lets be honest once you get moving on the track the first three gears mean nothing (only real change made in 09), take it from me I am a trackday coach with TPM (Team Pro-Motion) and have personally coached several members from this forum including providing them video of the 675.net private day we held this past season.
So ALL the 2011 I4 600's are good for 135bhp and 175MPH? Skeptical...

In my eyes it's all about power to weight ratio. My 145Lbs self and my 375lbs 07 D675 can still accelerate faster and slow down faster than your average 180Lbs guy on a brand spankin' new 2011 I4 600. All the while look more stylish/exclusive while doing it... In the end, what else matters?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.