Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to perhaps upgrade my flatbed Harbor Freight quality trailer to an enclosed trailer; however, 6x10 seems to be rather large, so I'm wondering if a 5x8 trailer will fit 1 bike and all the gear necessary for a track weekend.

If you've got pictures of your fully loaded 5x8 enclosed trailer, please do share! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a 5x8 enclosed and a GS1100. It was big enough to make work but there wasn't much in the way of extra space. If you were to buy a 6x10, or even a prefab enclosed 5x8, I'm sure you would not regret the purchase. You also would be able to sell it if you decide you no longer want it. I also considered converting a HF trailer. When I thought about designing for the wind loads, water sealing, lighting and ventilation, etc. I'm glad I decided against it. But if you have more ambition than money it's a valid consideration.

Maybe you can park the bike on the 5x8 with a couple tool boxes and see how much room you have? Sorry I can't be more help with track weekend gear, but since nobody responded yet I thought I'd offer my experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts