Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been wanting a little more torque and have always been able to find larger sprockets for previous bikes. But I can not seem to find an up two sprocket for the rear. My baby is an 09 Jet black Daytona. Can someone help with either a link to someone that carries a +2 teeth rear sprocket with the correct mounting for an 09.

A link to the store, or a link to a previous post with all my questions answered would be awesome...

My plan is to go down one tooth on the front sproket and go up two teeth on the rear. I like the 525 pitch. I know I need a new chain and both sprokets and will be running a speedo healer.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iiiii

·
Registered
171 Posts
Driven or Pitbull??? Either better than each other?

Any pics with a gold rear sprocket?
I vote Pitbull as their products are top notch and they support the racing community generously! I've heard it's not advisable to go down in size on the front sprocket as it can lead to chain binding/loss of power/wear. The bike is pretty torquey, so just going up 2 or 3 teeth on the rear I think is sufficient.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
I had a SuperSprox 49 tooth custom made for my track bike in a 520 sprocket. Not sure if they have a 525, but you could check with them.

They have an aluminum carrier, but the teeth are steel. They will far outlast an aluminum sprocket and the weight difference is pretty small.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Where have you heard this?
That's pretty commonly known. If you reduce the number of teeth on the front sprocket you make the chain wrap around a smaller diameter and it also increases the number of times that each tooth comes into contact with the chain every time the rear wheel makes on complete revolution. This adds to chain and sprocket wear.

If you go too small on the front you can also cause binding in the chain because it can't wrap that tightly.

Going one tooth down on the front sprocket on a 675 is about the equivalent of adding two to the rear. It is not enough to cause binding, but it does add to sprocket and chain wear. Probably pretty negligible though...

·
Registered
48 Posts
We have toothcounts available down to 14T on the countershaft.

You will not experience any problems with the countershaft, even -2.

Those that would suggest binding issues or other chainline problems, are wrong. These things would only result from EXTREME odd sprocket combinations where you would experience additional problems such as chain buffer wear, possibly swingarm clearance problems as well.

In the rear in 525, we go up to 48T.

In the rear in 520, we go up to 50T.

We also produce those in our Evo-Spec lightened steel sprockets as well.

We offer a great racer support program as well as sponsor a number of professional teams and riders.

Any questions I can answer for you, just let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts