Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I bought my Street Triple with 11k miles on it back in June when I first moved out here to Cali from the East Coast. I'm up to 24k miles now just from commuting back and forth to work everyday. I don't have a car just yet so the bike is it. Should I be worried? I've seen plenty of newer preowned bikes with less than half the miles I've got and obviously I'm not worried about the resale of the bike, so the question I've got is... Should I be worried about the miles I'm racking up on this bike? The bike gets it's regular maintenance done and the 24k service is being scheduled shortly. Any input would be greatly appreciated! :cool2:

·
Registered
656 Posts
No worries mate - the bike was made to be ridden. It will be happier on the road than sitting in your garage.

I lived in Livermore for several years and really love that area. You must ride the 580/680 hwy's a lot.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You make me feel better about my milage. I have 10,000mi and so far it's okay and hopefully will be for the next 10,000

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Not as long as the scheduled maintenance is done and done on time. Just keep an eye on wear items such as chain/sprockets/tires etc...and you'll be fine for some time. I'm still waiting to see somebody break the 100k mark with this bike. I'm going to try and hit 20k in 2011. :thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just keep it in good shape, plenty of BMW bikes make it over the 150k mile mark ... so why can't a well taken care of triumph? lol

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Just keep it in good shape, plenty of BMW bikes make it over the 150k mile mark ... so why can't a well taken care of triumph? lol
Not to mention the 675's are worlds apart from older, less reliable triumphs. Shouldn't be a problem to see high miles on any modern motorcycle.

·
Registered
308 Posts
four, I purchased 2008 model ST3 (her name is Die Vernon) new on Jan. 26, 2008. I will be taking her to work this AM w/ temps in the mid-20s F (far from our coldest hour plus commutes, btw). Yesterday when I reset her trip OD while getting gas, I noted she had 40,538 miles on her. She feels just as ready to rock as the day I brought her home.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
four, I purchased 2008 model ST3 (her name is Die Vernon) new on Jan. 26, 2008. I will be taking her to work this AM w/ temps in the mid-20s F (far from our coldest hour plus commutes, btw). Yesterday when I reset her trip OD while getting gas, I noted she had 40,538 miles on her. She feels just as ready to rock as the day I brought her home.
:thumbup: Nice

1 - 18 of 18 Posts