Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 street triple r. I noticed a small amount of coolant dripping onto the floor close to where the oil drain is. I found a few droplets hanging below one of the hose clips which seemed to be where it was coming from. Right before this I briefly removed the plastic radiator fill plug, and I actually remember it feeling like it was being suctioned on as I was pulling it off. In the past I remember that plug being a lot easier to take off. Could that have caused this small leak? Any other thoughts? Also to add, it has cooled down a lot where I live in the past week, and I wonder if the temperature change/bike sitting is a factor. I decided to tighten down the hose clamp a little more. Riding season is over here now, but hoping I won’t see a leak/drip again next year. Thanks for any info!
Automotive tire Plumbing Gas Automotive wheel system Machine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Change them just in case and observe
AS3 and Samco make great silicon hose kits. If you've got one leaking the rest aren't usually too far away.
Thanks for the advice. Even though the amount of fluid that leaked was so small, I’m still going to replace all the hoses for peace of mind. Thanks again for your time

·
Registered
439 Posts
Has the bike been under the sun? Id change the hose if I were you - Ive seen a hose come out in the exact same spot from a daytona 995i and leak coolant everywhere
Before you attempt this check a service manual. I tried to change that hose on one of my 675's and had to get the dealer to do it. And I'm generally a reasonably wrench. To be sure, an accessory hoe might be easier to fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
What kind of problems did you have replacing it? I figured I could just drain the coolant, replace the hose/hoses, and then flush and add new coolant.
Before you attempt this check a service manual. I tried to change that hose on one of my 675's and had to get the dealer to do it. And I'm generally a reasonably wrench. To be sure, an accessory hoe might be easier to fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts