Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on my triumph and lifted the gas tank and held it all the way back, which caused fuel to start leaking from the two holes on the side. I ended up taking off the gas tank to avoid any further leaking. When taking the connector off from the fuel pump I did notice that it was moving back and forth and when I tried to lock the connector in place it would continue to slide back and forth. Is it suppose to move back and forth and do I need a new fuel line?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't get a video right now, but it moves maybe like a few mm. The connector is over the lip on the fuel pump. When I do put the tank down it begins to leak fuel from those two holes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moving back and forth how much?
Maybe a video will help paint the picture.
I have a 2015 and mine moves some
I can't get a video right now, but it moves maybe like a few mm. The connector is over the lip on the fuel pump. When I do put the tank down it begins to leak fuel from those two holes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also forgot to mention. I did stop the leaking at first by putting the connector back in place, but then i guess it moved a bit and then fuel started leaking from the two black holes, which is why I took off the tank to prevent it from leaking any further

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
It's been a while since I've had a 675, but I'm pretty sure those black holes are supposed to be connected to rubber lines that run down the side of your frame towards the left rearset. They're overflow/breather lines if I recall correctly.

The fuel connector itself does move a bit, that's perfectly normal. As long as you felt a click when you seated it back in then you're all good to go. More important right now is to find the two hoses that should be connected to those black holes. Check the link to see the tubes that should mate to them:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts