Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I been starting my bike during the winter seasons to just let things run. I recently had to change the coolant hose since it got shredded (Picture below) by the chain, so as of right now it has no coolant or very little coolant. I haven't been letting it warm up for no more than a few minutes since there is no coolant. Everything runs fine on it, but after about 30 seconds I see medium thickness white smoke coming from the exhaust. I haven't gotten a chance to let it warm up to operating temperature to see if the smoke goes away. The smoke doesn't smell sweet, it just smells like typical exhaust fumes. I want to know if I am damaging anything or if I should be alarmed by the smoke. It is very cold where I am, so I'm aware that it could just be condensation. I been worried it was a head gasket leak, but it has again very little coolant or no coolant so I don't think the coolant is leaking through the head gasket, but if someone could let me know their opinions on this it would be appreciated.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would never run a bike with low or no coolant. Not only could you do engine damage but it could ruin the coolant pump. Your white smoke may be from all the condensation building up due to the engine not being allowed to come up to full operating temperature. Which can also cause quicker deterioration of the engine.

My advise, quit running the engine all together until you can get the coolant sorted. Then run it to full operating temperature and see what’s what.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts