Triumph675.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After having a 2011 Daytona 675 race bike for my 1st novice season I decided to go all in for my 2nd novice season and picked up a 2013 Daytona 675R out of Colorado. I had it shipped to Seattle and broke off a lot of the parts because I knew that I was gonna replace them with my parts. Mostly the Full Arrow Exhaust and woodcraft rearsets were sold separately. In a rush to make a race round that ended up getting cancelled anyway I installed Attack Triples and did a bunch of the break down. Now the bike is just sitting half stripped waiting to take off more parts and then be built back up.

Original Ad Picture:

Landing in Seattle:
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Current Condition:

Enjoy!

Mod List:
K-Tech DDS Cartrigdge Kit
K-Tech DDS Pro Shock
PVM 6 Spoke powered coated wheels
Akrapovic Full Exhaust
Attack Triples with #2 Insert
Attack Rearsets
Attack Linear Shock Link
Renthal Clip Ons
Brembo 19x20 Master Cylinder
Samco Hoses and Clamps
Samco Clamps
BMC Race Filter
Galfer Rotors
BDK Race Generator
Race Harness
Manual Idle Adjustor
Ohlins Stablizer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like you're going to be competitive. I actually bought your rear sets from you and love them. Thanks for the deal. hope to see you out at the ridge or pacific this year. I wont be racing till i can keep up with the guys in advanced group, probably 2022 ha ha

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you're going to be competitive. I actually bought your rear sets from you and love them. Thanks for the deal. hope to see you out at the ridge or pacific this year. I wont be racing till i can keep up with the guys in advanced group, probably 2022 ha ha
Just send it dude and sign up for the first NRS that comes along. If you get into a race and you feel like you are too slow its super easy to go back to track days and get some more speed. You don't want to be sitting there in June/July wishing you could go racing but can't because there is no NRS

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Did some more breakdown and install on Monday.

First thing was the PVM Wheels and New Galfer Rotors. I needed a spare set of wheels anyway and when these came up for sale locally I decided to snag them. T-Drive Brake rotors were on my dream list but when I found a really good price on new Galfer Rotors I figured the savings was better spent elsewhere. I picked up the wheels because they were stronger and red and was hoping some weight savings would be the cherry on top. Weighed them next to my stock wheels and here is the results.

Front Wheel:
Stock - 4.055 kg
PVM - 4.250 kg
Weight Gain - .195kg or .43lbs

Rear Wheel:
Stock - 6.440 kg
PVM - 6.140 kg
Weight loss - .3 kg or .66 lbs

Total Loss = .23lbs

I was a bit disappointed in that but at least there is more weight loss on the drive wheel

Next was some Attack Rearsets from my 2011 Race Bike. I realized quickly that I am going to have to get some different parts to work with the 13+ exhaust bracket.

After that I continued the tear down. Took off the full ABS system, the wiring harness and pulled the plugs to prepare to check the valves and change the cam chain. Friday will be a big install day with cam chain install, valve adjustment, samco hoses, Akra exhaust, rear set pieces and new spark plugs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
What are you going to do for a steering damper with the Attack clamps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
One end on the fork leg and the other bolted to the bottom of the race fairing stay?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Checked the valves, of course everything was in spec but it was good to know. Put in a new valve cover gasket.

[/url]

Decided to plumb the crankcase vent into the SAI valves. The general consensus is that it provides about a 1/2 HP upgrade and doesn't dump hot oily air into the airbox. Since I didn't have block off plates this was a cheaper option. The tube coming out of the crankcase was uncut and I used a 1/2" metal coupling piece to connect the two. The piece coming off the SAI needs to get cut and its a pretty clean finishing product

Samco hoses and speed sensor for Race Loom

New shift star and related parts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Time for some bling for the 675R build

Akrapovic Full Titanium Exhaust and new exhaust headers.

New Exhaust bracket for my Attack Rear Sets

New Chain and Sprockets

Now for the fun fun stuff. My teammate upgraded to K-Tech DDS suspension last year and loved it so I decided to look for some as well. It's tough stuff to find on the used market but I put an add on facebook. After a couple days Isle of Man TT winner Gary Johnson reached out and had a full system set up. After reaching a deal it arrived and was in awesome shape. It also had "Jessopp" written on the fork carts which I think means that Martin Jessopp may have ridden them as well.

K-Tech DDS Pro Shock with 10.5 Rear Spring

K-Tech DDS Front Cartridges with 9.5nm and 10nm Front springs

Next plans are finishing up the shift star install and the brakes.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is coming along nicely! I just noticed you mentioned installing a new cam chain. Was the old one stretched or damaged?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is coming along nicely! I just noticed you mentioned installing a new cam chain. Was the old one stretched or damaged?
Since I was going to do a lot of work around that area I thought it would be smart to do it as a preventative maintenance item. After getting the pieces taking apart and measuring the timing we decided to leave it be for another season and focus the time on other things.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts