Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a video that demonstrates the problem

that was fixed when I put a brand new battery in, new starter motor , new ignition coils and crankshaft position sensor, new camchain, balanced throttle bodies.

The bike has 10K miles on it, still under warranty (all of the parts were replaced under warranty but they still are unable to find the problem).

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The problem is that it won't start right away when you press the start button. Most of the times you have to keep it pressed longer as shown in the first video and other times you need to let it go and press the starter button again. On the second time though it will start without any hesitation and right away, as it is supposed to in the fist place.

To be honest I thought the problem on the first video is very obvious, that's why I didn't describe it in written.

On the second video, right after pressing the starter button, you will hear a grinding sound that only lasts for a couple of seconds. At the end of the video you can hear the camchain rattling. Fortunately after replacing all those parts mentioned in the fist post, it never did that horrible sound again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So what was the fix? Ive been guessing it could be the clutch switch?
Unfortunately cant watch the video says its private.

What mine does is when pressing the starting button its as if it was not pressed at all. Pressure and movement of the button while pressing does nothing. Have to let go and try again and then just like magic it works perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts