Triumph675.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on a 2013 Daytona 675R with about 7500 miles. I've been riding it since 6000 miles and a little while ago the check engine light came on. I got concerned, took it to a (non-Triumph) shop, they said everything seemed alright, and as I rode away it turned off. Ever since, I'll go on rides and it'll turn on, then a few hours later (after the bike has been turned on and off at least once) it'll turn back off. Nothing has ever seemed "off" with the bike or motor, no weird sounds. At this point I've pretty much learned to ignore it, but of course it's still concerning.

Is this a common issue? Is there anything I should look for? Maybe a loose connection?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd bring it to a Triumph dealer and have them scan it (or use TuneECU if you think you'll play around with other stuff). Could be the exhaust valve needs adjusting. My 2014 675R had the CEL come on right after leaving the dealer for the 500 mile service. Turned around and that was the issue. The tech said it's common and would likely need adjusting again at some point, but I'm at 19k+ miles and hasn't come on again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts