1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stats:
2012 Striple
Alien Motion 8 cell lithium battery
No load (except ECU) voltage: 13.2V (checked a couple days ago and it was at 13.3V, not really sure if that's a significant drop in a couple days of sitting)
Power on voltage: 12.4V
Starting voltage: dropped as low as 10.50V, then returns to stable at about 13.3-4V

Over the past year, at random times the bike won't start. Power will come on just fine, the bike will try to turn over anywhere between once and several times and then just completely stop. Power will still be on. If I immediately try again with power on, the bike won't turn over at all. If I shut it off, then restart it several seconds later, it'll either finally start after I rev the hell out of it, or it'll take several more tries of shutting off and turning back on.

Sometimes it'll start fine, then have trouble turning on again after any stop, doesn't matter how short or long the ride. Sometimes it won't start from the garage.

I'm thinking of taking the starter button housing assembly apart and seeing if the connector between the back of the button and the housing mount have any kind of corrosion on it, but I'll be at a loss as to where to really start chasing this gremlin down from there.

Any ideas? Anyone ever have any issue like this before? I tried with two different lithium batteries and still had the same problem.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think lithium batteries do cca ratings, but they have a pulse rating.

Amperage Output <3 Sec Pulse> - 250 Amps / 375 Amps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts