Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I am putting together a Frankenstein track bike with a 675r Öhlins fork and M4 Brembos.
I got a set of wheels from a standard Daytona 675 but one brake rotor is warped so I am looking at a new set to replace the OEM Sunstar ones - but which ones will fit???

Wheels looks to be 2011 era but I am not sure about the model year for the Öhlins fork. It has the hole in the fork bottom for ABS sensor which makes me think 2013+.
I can see the discs changed from 308mm to 310mm diameter from 2012 to 2013 but I wonder if the fork and brakes changed between 2012 and 2013 for the 675r ...

Does anyone know any easy way to identify what I have or if it makes any difference what rotors I buy?

Many thanks! (y)

·
Registered
872 Posts
ABS was only available in 2013+ models.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Yes the forks are 3rd gen (13+).
The wheels are 2nd gen (09-12). That means you'll require both rotors from a 3rd gen because they have a different hub offset from the 2nd gen rotors. The 2nd gen rotors were prone to warping. They were manufactured too thin from the start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good guys - I will go ahead and order a set of 2013+ Brembo rotors and hope they will match up with the calipers even if they are mounted on 2nd gen wheels then :unsure:

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Daytonas and a Tracer 900GT
188 Posts
If you have a second gen front wheel, you'll need the offset discs I'm thinking? 13+ are flat. Unless I'm missing something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries - the Brembos can go back if they dont fit and i probably still have time to cancel the order Monday as I ordered online over the weekend...

But what are "the offset discs"? is that the 2011 discs then?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Called up the shop Monday morning.
Luckily they also had the <=2012 model discs with the offset at the same price. Received them Tuesday afternoon.

What a world of difference the Brembo Oro series are from the Sunstar ones. Just feeling the weight of the Brembos makes the Sunstar seem quite flimsy and china-like...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts