Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking over Triumph's OEM accessories for the new Speed Triple, and there are a few nifty things that I hope make their way onto the 675 soon:

http://www.jacklilley.com/products_catalogue.asp?category_id=97

There's some interesting stuff like OEM LED indicators (which to me feels kinda cheap since they should've just thrown them in as stock, haha), but most interesting to me is this:
http://www.jacklilley.com/view_part.asp?category_id=97&category_type_id=1003&part_id=6777

It's a built-in tire pressure monitoring system that makes the pressures pop up on the gauges. Cool stuff, since every review I've read about third party wireless pressure monitoring systems require a keychain with the pressures and for the most part seem somewhat unreliable and hella expensive, and this seems actually fairly affordable.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think a tire pressure monitoring system is great, and I would love to see it incorporated with the Daytona in the future!

I have been considering the aftermarket options, but having an external key chain would be more of a pain.

·
Super Moderator
11,896 Posts
The LED indicators have been listed as an accessory for the Speed, Street, and Daytona for almost a year now.

As for the pressure indicator I think it's going to be a government requirement at some point like it is for cars. BMW has had these on their bikes for a while and I believe the Gold Wing has had them as well. Just in case anyone is wonder the kit for the Speed is not retrofittable as it requires the new instrument cluster that comes on that bike. Something else that's a sign of things to come is that the new Speed has ABS as an option.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The only problem with the pressure monitoring is that if you get a flat on the side of the road and needs to do a repair that requires a reamer you have to be very careful its not in the spot where the pressure monitor is... otherwise it can get veery expensive indeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts