Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I plan on going but I haven't bought my tickets and whatnot yet. I have never been though - anyone have advice for what package I should get for the optimal experience over the weekend?

·
Registered
249 Posts
My wife and I are still on the fence. We just signed up for two days @ CSS in April at Sears Point so need to look at the$$$. Too bad they bend you over for a Hotel during race week down there:(.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
My wife and I are still on the fence. We just signed up for two days @ CSS in April at Sears Point so need to look at the$$$. Too bad they bend you over for a Hotel during race week down there:(.
If your cheap like me and didn't want to camp you can stay here...Close to Cannery Row and the track: http://www.montereyhostel.org/

Met some cool people there as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I know what you mean about hotel prices. When we went in 2006, we ended up staying in San Jose and just driving back and forth. This year we scored a hotel in Salinas for the low price of $40/night. It aint the Ritz Carlton, but it beats paying $160/night for a motel 6.

I just hope the weather cooperates this year. It was so bloody hot in 2006.

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeah i'll be down there with some friends. nothing's booked yet, and we haven't decided if we're gonna take the bikes as only 2 of the 4 of us actually ride. but last year we decided its gonna be a yearly trip.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
i renewed my tickets...really enjoy riding from LA to Monterey every summmer

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
thinking about going this year with a friend. cant take the bike because i live in sf

·
Registered
830 Posts
Gonna skip it this year, but if anybody wants to Cornerwork the event you need to join these guys http://www.usarm.org/index.php . I did it last year and it was awesome.

I joined and am filling out my application. Which corners should I request based on your experience?

Also, is there any way to get to the track without renting a car?

Anyone interested in splitting a hotel and/or rental car, please let me know!

Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Exit of Turn 12.
Laguna Seca is only 11 Turns... ???

I joined and am filling out my application. Which corners should I request based on your experience?
Also, is there any way to get to the track without renting a car?
Anyone interested in splitting a hotel and/or rental car, please let me know!
Thanks
I was a corner worker in 2008... (turn 10)... couple of notes

Turn 0 - Right at the end of the start finish line, under the bridge.. you don't really do anything, but have an excellent view of the main straight + you have shade

Turn 2, 3, 4 - good if you want to see good racing/action, but no shade...

Turn 8B - middle/bottom of the corkscrew, if you want to work the screw, pick 8B, not 8A. you also get shade at 8B

Turn 11 - if you want to see crazy braking/acceration, this is the good corner for that... also it's the closet to the pits if you want to watch pit lane...

about renting a car/hotel. if you're accepted as a corner worker, you'll want to camp at the track (drive your car there and park it near your tent). it's free and the showers are hot. your days basically start at 7am and don't finish until all the support races are over, so basically 6-7pm. They're long days. you don't want to drive in, try to find parking, and make your way to checkin all before 7am. camping shuttles all the crew, picks you up at the camp, drops you off at the meeting point.

bring sunscreen, snacks (nuts/health bars), a hat, clothing for both hot and cold weather, gatorade/powerdrink POWDER. They give you an endless supply of water/red bull/coffee (which is why i said powder). they also provide "breakfast" (coffee/donuts/apple/banana), and a pretty decent lunch at the track, they have activities back at camp for dinner, or you can do your own thing.

it's a fun experience and you'll meet some cool people, hard work but best view of the race hands down. I think I got $240 for working all 3 days on top of free camping, free food, best seat in the house.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh nice, I figured someone would have posted some information so I'll check it out. I'm not familiar with the area or anything so hopefully I'll find some information on the other thread :) thanks
MotoGPgrl and all others..

I live just 5 miles from the track, so if there is anyone who needs any advice or recommendations on the local area, let me know.

There is a bike night on Cannery Row on the Saturday night before the MotoGP race. It'd be pretty cool if we could get a group of D675s together... or any Triumphs for that matter...

-Brian

1 - 20 of 48 Posts