Triumph 675 Forums banner

481 - 494 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Dear Triumph675.net,

This is Todd from HEROIC. First off I want to thank you for trusting in the product and the good word of Michelle to even be a part of this. I have worked hard to design sick world class product, but this year has been brutal. I'm not here to make excuses, but I am here to offer a heartbeat to the bloodstain. I have confirmation that the product you have ordered is in transit today to NYC. Michelle is leaving the country but I will be shipping this out to you. I want to thank you and hope that as a company I can work through this latency issue. Dealing with foreign manufacturing is a very difficult and tricky career path. I would like to work with you people in the future because I believe in the power of the forums and personally I have always been a fan of the 675. I cannot post in the hot thread just yet so Korie is going to paste this in. Again, I'm grateful for consumers that are proud enough of their motorcycles to get product that compliments it. Hold on and I'll get this product out to you as FAST as I can.

Rgds,

Todd / HEROIC Racing Apparel
HEROIC - Triumph675.Net Forums

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
looks like next week the remainder of the gloves will be in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My gloves still aren't. I cancelled my order today. Todd was super awesome though. I will definitely continue to support him and Heroic. Hopefully will be able to buy some gloves next year.

Sorry to hear it man.... For some reason this ended up being much more complicated than it should have been. Maybe it's attributed to the growing pains of a relatively new company? Either way luckily Todd makes some badass stuff so it's worth all of frustration.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Just as a heads up for anyone that might be interested but didn't get these the first time around, I was PMed by someone managing a group buy on another forum that he wanted to invite anyone that might be interested in a group buy of SP-R Pros from our forum, here you go:

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5318187

·
Registered
261 Posts
Holy hell that's a good price. If I did track riding, and didn't just pick up a pair of RS Taichi WRX, I would be all over that deal....

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Yikes. Mine haven't. Just crashed in them a few weeks ago too. Have you tried contacting Heroic?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
mine lived through a few crashes already. Had to stitch them back up in a few spots but that was mostly cosmetic. They are pretty good gloves but i'll be switching brands after this set

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yikes. Mine haven't. Just crashed in them a few weeks ago too. Have you tried contacting Heroic?
Yes. They were deemed unrepairable. The Kangaroo leather completely dry rotted and started to basically disintegrate (funny all my other gear hasn't dry rotted, nor did the cow part of the glove) and he wanted $200 for an old set of SPR gloves (not spr pro) a couple weeks ago. Now I see this group buy come up for the SPR pros at $200 makes me feel like he was taking advantage of my situation (needing gloves asap since I do like 40 track days a year).

I ended up buying Teknic Xcelerator from Riders discount for way cheaper. I love them so far.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I thought I'd chime in with my experience with these gloves...

Initially bought a pair of the SP-R's after I thought I could fit into their sizing. Turned out way too small, so I exchanged them for a pair of the SP-R Pro's--full price of $250 + exorbitant $20 shipping fee that still took about 1 week to arrive.

I sized them correctly this time so they fit well, but 1 problem I had was that in the right glove on the top 1st knuckle of the ring finger there was a seam from the finger bridge that was sewn in--and it protruded into the glove and basically really put pressure on my knuckle whenever I bent my fingers (i.e. like to grip the throttle).

I emailed Todd (owner), and he basically told me "who has to make a fist with a motorcycle glove anyway? It just needs to break in, rub some olive oil in it"

I did manage to break it in more, at the expense of wearing it nonstop around the house for a week, and causing a bruise on the bone of my knuckle. Was this acceptable for a $100 pair of gloves? Perhaps. For a $270 pair of 'high-end' gloves? Well, let's just say I wasn't happy about that.

I'm going to be posting a full review on these gloves, pics and all...but I am going to say that my Held Phantom gloves are better gloves--better made, better stitching...

481 - 494 of 494 Posts