Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I removed and reinstalled the fuel pump on my 2011 Daytona 675R and now the fuel line doesn't seem to line up very well. I suspect that I've installed the fuel pump in the incorrect orientation relative to the tank. Rather than trying all of the other mounting options, can someone tell me which way the fuel pump is meant to face? Can I assume that the nub on the aluminum collar is meant to face forward?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive design Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
210 Posts
Forward to the right side is correct. The bolts are spaced in such a way that you can't misalign the retaining ring. The pump fits in the ring only one way thanks to the little plastic indexing tab.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forward to the right side is correct. The bolts are spaced in such a way that you can't misalign the retaining ring. The pump fits in the ring only one way thanks to the little plastic indexing tab.
Thanks for the info! I reassembled the tank to the bike and got the fuel line hooked up, but it does seem like an awkward location for that fuel nipple and I can totally understand how someone could kink the fuel line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts