Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWQy1hOAR2U"]YouTube - 2011 Triumph Daytona 675 - Interview about new specs (Carlyle's Pick #17) - PART 1[/nomedia]

Does anybody know what the top speed is on the 2011 Daytona 675? As you can see in the video, most of the specs are there except the top speed. I doubt it's much more than the 2010 but still wanted to know.

Does anybody in NY/NJ have one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,462 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
with no modifications the stock should run about 159. the engine is the same as are pretty much all of the other parts.

if you want to go faster then you will want to change the obvious things first (gears, exhaust, etc), but when you start getting into all of that for the same cost you can just jump up to the liter bikes. you will lose handling in most of them (cbr1000 handles like a 600 according to many reviewers) but you will get the speed you may be looking for.

there are not many tracks around that will have the distance needed to reach those speeds of 180+ before having to slow down for a turn for anybody out of sponsored level, but that is more when we are talking about legally being able to get up at those speeds.

now when it comes to street riding it will be very hard to justify getting anything above the 600's (or the 848 in Ducati's case). speed camera traps are becoming more than the normal (i know- plate flippers) and if you do not crash trying to get away if you are spotted you may get caught. then you will lose the bike, license, and you will more than likely spend some time in jail.

no matter how many people ask the answer will most likely be the same when it comes to the tops speed of modern race replicas: they go faster than we need them to for daily use. even the street triples go faster than we need. for me- i just love the Daytona.

·
Registered
601 Posts
top speed of anything:

redline rpm

6th gear

final drive ratio

tire diameter inflated

10-15% mechanical losses(tire-road slippage, tire wheel slippage, ect)

get your factors and multiply, but as said above; who gives a shit fast enough

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
top speed of anything:

redline rpm

6th gear

final drive ratio

tire diameter inflated

10-15% mechanical losses(tire-road slippage, tire wheel slippage, ect)

get your factors and multiply, but as said above; who gives a shit fast enough
you forgot about aerodynamic drag. Oh, and stickers...stickers will make you go faster.

·
Registered
154 Posts
most people think that my 240lb god like physique (buda) makes me slower but i have discovered that the roundness of my belly & the contor of my man boobs actualy reduces drag ... it's true..... it made me clock 155 at the end of Roebling's front straight........ some say it was the -1 & no speedo re-cal but ooooohhh nooooo i know the truth.all you skinny bastards with your flat fronts are hopelessly disadvantaged
another pasty please, bird.

.... top speed ...:rofl2:..... faster than yours if you need to ask :curtsey:

·
Registered
464 Posts
YouTube - 2011 Triumph Daytona 675 - Interview about new specs (Carlyle's Pick #17) - PART 1

Does anybody know what the top speed is on the 2011 Daytona 675? As you can see in the video, most of the specs are there except the top speed. I doubt it's much more than the 2010 but still wanted to know.

Does anybody in NY/NJ have one?

Thanks!
Although its complicated as conditions in every situation are different (tail wind, head wind, up hill, down hill, etc.) there is an equation for finding the top speed of your bike; it is as follows:

(Your weight-25lbs)+distance in miles you typically travel on one tire X weight in pounds of your chrome add-ons

Got that number? ok. Now you're going to take the square root of that equation, which we'll call S (for speed, right?)

FINAL CALCULATION:

S times the length of your flacid penis (in centimeters, the higher number makes it look longer.)

=BS!
:rofl2:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
This thread is full of win!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Although its complicated as conditions in every situation are different (tail wind, head wind, up hill, down hill, etc.) there is an equation for finding the top speed of your bike; it is as follows:

(Your weight-25lbs)+distance in miles you typically travel on one tire X weight in pounds of your chrome add-ons

Got that number? ok. Now you're going to take the square root of that equation, which we'll call S (for speed, right?)

FINAL CALCULATION:

S times the length of your flacid penis (in centimeters, the higher number makes it look longer.)

=BS!
:rofl2:
another way to calculate it is ....
if your nob is 6.75" or bigger you are ok with this bike .... some thread starters may want to think about getting a 125 :rofl:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
drag factored into losses brah, stickers factored into rpm;

sorted
True dat :laugh:

most people think that my 240lb god like physique (buda) makes me slower but i have discovered that the roundness of my belly & the contor of my man boobs actualy reduces drag ... it's true..... it made me clock 155 at the end of Roebling's front straight........ some say it was the -1 & no speedo re-cal but ooooohhh nooooo i know the truth.all you skinny bastards with your flat fronts are hopelessly disadvantaged

Pure aerodynamics. Maybe a little hydrodynamics mixed in there as well. :laugh:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Now hang on guy's , last time i had a laugh with a poster, i got the "you are a naughty boy" PM. Now this piss take has gone on much more than my little laugh... am i seeing double standards here.........................

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bananarama baby ....... It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it
It ain't what you do it's the time that you do it ........

Liiiiiiivin in the 80's :laugh:

·
Registered
601 Posts
:sideshow:

you'd think that, but I am an amputee and have no right leg. therefore I have less drag. I clocked 300 at the same point you did:sideshow:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts