Triumph675.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year or so had an issue where maybe one out of 10 times when I start the bike when engine hot, the engine will crank for about 1/4 second (sounds like a fraction of a crank revolution) then stops and all is quiet even though I have starter button fully pressed, clutch in, and sidestand up. If I release the button and press again, sometimes it start normally, sometimes I have to try a 3rd time. It either cranks normally and starts, or does the 1/2 second crank and stop, nothing in between. Instrument panel is lit up normally when this problem happens. I'm pretty sure it's never done it on a cold start.

Anyone run into this issue? I don't think I'll solved it by continuity testing the starter button, clutch switch, and kickstand switch, since it always starts fine in garage. Plus if those were intermittent, I'd think sometimes it would just stop cranking at random times during cranking, rather than 1/4 second after I press starter every time it occurs. No trouble codes, runs perfect, alternator charge voltage is normal, battery replaced 3 months ago, bike has 28K miles.

I hate to start just start replacing a bunch of parts that may be good in hopes it might fix it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts