Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I'm brand new to this forum (and Striples as well) I've been riding for a few years now, but just picked up a 2010 Striple about 6 weeks ago. I absolutely love it! The gentleman I bought it from just had it serviced at the dealership, and had a lot of maintenance records as well. Seemed to be running just fine.

After a rather heavy rainstorm (which the bike wasn't covered all that well) the check engine light came on. It starts every time, but doesn't pull like it used too. Seems like it's just not running right. I don't have a Triumph dealership nearby, but there's a Japanese dealership about an hour away.

I'm a noob when it comes to wrenching. I can change the oil and do basic things, but I'm not super mechanically inclined. I searched online before joining this forum, and the only thing that sounded similar was some type of valve for the exhaust... but I wasn't sure if that was only Daytona's, or if it applies to STriples as well.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
96 Posts
There's a plug under your seat (right side on your bike I think). With the proper plug you can hook to any laptop and use the free TuneECU program and it will tell you why the bike has turned on the CE light.

It's also handy for turning off the wrench symbol when the bike signals it's due for maintenance. The cost of the cable is less than a Triumph dealer would charge you to turn the service light off.

You may get lucky and it's just something got wet and will dry out. For many CE codes once the fault is no longer there the light will go off on its own after three rides where the condition no longer exists.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have an android device (yet) to run tune ECU, but my buddy let me borrow his tool. The code says P0031 - H02S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 1

·
Registered
96 Posts
Swap out your O2 sensor. It's the thing plugged into your exhaust pipe that has an electric cable going to it.

These can be a bear to get out if they weren't installed with anti-seize on them. They have a tendency to meld with the pipe so don't apply crazy pressure.

You can try just cleaning it if it looks like it's coated with grime. These do fail over time though. Yours may have gotten some water in the circuit.

You can get them used on eBay for $20. Easy fix and would explain your symptoms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts