Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
941 Posts
Question.....what happens to the odometer when a gauge cluster is replaced?

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I've just had the new cluster fitted to my 2010 Streety R, it developed a crack in the glass and Triumph changed it under warranty.
Thumbs up to Triumph for doing it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
there should be a sticker on the bike maybe inside or under the cluster stating that it had X amount a miles before hand, cars typically have the sticker on the door panels

·
Registered
817 Posts
Lucky buggers!

I had mine ('09) repaired because the screen melted it in the sunlight but just replaced the fascia. Triumph Oz said they were only doing it as a gesture of goodwill too because of all the other issues I have had.

When they replaced it though the mechanic (who I've had countless mechanical issues with) left fingerprints and what looks like sewing machine oil on the inside (thin clear oil that goes multicoloured in the sun) , plus don't think it was sealed up right as it has water in it and now gets really foggy - sometimes it is too hard to read! Useless f*cktards.

Link for the Triumph Oz VIN recall site is http://www.triumph.co.uk/australia/3154.aspx - no luck for me although the mechanic was going to replace the gearbox a year or so ago due to issues...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.