Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gremlins strike back… been about 3-4 months without this problem after it somehow fixed itself after 6 months of having the problem. I don’t exactly know what is wrong but it only happens in 2nd gear while accelerating, it feels like its jumping in and out of gear aka “chugging” or “chain skip feeling” up to speed. It doesnt pop out of gear it stays in 2nd but violent “skips” from 6k +. Had this problem a few months ago and i was still riding it daily just skipping through 2nd gear. And one day it just went completely back to normal after 6 months, immediately i changed the oil and filter as soon as it started working properly and to my suprise no metal or metallic in the oil which i thought would come from the trans dog gears. 3-4 months riding regularly, parked the bike on sunday and got up today to ride to work and the problem was back after the bike just sitting for 2 days. Makes no sense to me as to why it was working before i parked it then all the sudden just shits it self 2 days later from sitting? Before It started working again I checked the clutch and everything measured to spec as well, chain is properly maintained, adjusted to spec and fairly new (no teeth really worn or missing). Any help is greatly appreciated.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
892 Posts
How do the teeth on both sprockets look?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2010 Street Triple. Have encountered that a few times. What has worked for me is to connect to TuneEcu and just do a reset adaption. Sometimes the ecu just acts weird and connecting Tuneecu, running through the diagnostics and sometimes reloading the maps helps. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts