Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm looking to pick up my first 675 and have been checkin out pics and colors and years...

I love the gloss black/gold 2007 675, but then I saw the matte black (maybe gray) 2008 SE and the white/blue 2010 LE...

As far as looks go, I like the 2007 first (with a jardine), the 2010 second and the 2008 third.

Can anybody tell me what changed as far as performance between the three? What makes the '08 an SE and the '10 an LE??

And I'd love to hear your favorite of the three!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
just to let you in on correct etiquette when talking colours of a daytona.

2006 + 2007

scorched yellow -not gold
jet black
tornado red
Graphite - not silver or grey
2007 UK got a masterbike LE in graphite

Neon blue not electric blue
tornado red
jet black
SE phantom black and gold , gold rims

jet black
tornado red

SE pearl white blue frame (marketing ploy to get rid off all old parts until the real 2010 bits come rolling in...lol.. wait for it -- i here the crackle of flames) ie . .changed dash/cluster:whistle:

as far as performance goes , stock out of the box 2006-2008 are basically all the same.
from 2009 there were numerous changes from easy to see cosmetic changes to engine internals , exhaust port and pipe differences. This all equating to an increase in neddies at the crank by approx 4 .

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 08 Phantom Black is not matte at all. It is a metallic paint and have a very very deep shine to it. Also, the 06 -08 have the silver engine color and the 09-10 have the black out engine color same as 08 SE.

Good luck in getting a 08 SE, they are hard to find.

To the best of my knowledge (anyone correct me if I m wrong). 2007 never had a black with gold wheel. That would be a 08 SE.

From 06-08, only the SE had gold wheel.

Graphit "maybe" faster but 08 SE is sexier..............

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great choice choosing a D675.

2009 and on are supposed to make 3 more hp, have a taller first gear, higher redline, and engine refinements (porting, exhaust). I think with both '08 and '10 SEs, it was more cosmetic rather than performance differences. But it's really up on you on which you wanna get. Color-wise, I don't prefer graphite or blue on my bike, but of course, that's just my opinion. I was actually going to get the 2010 jet black D675 until I saw the Pearl White D675SE. I just had to have it, and still have no regrets about it. Have fun choosing between them though; it's a hard decision.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

2006 + 2007

jet black
tornado red

tornado red
jet black

jet black
tornado red

SE pearl white blue frame (marketing ploy to get rid off all old parts until the real 2010 bits come rolling in...lol.. wait for it -- i here the crackle of flames) ie . .changed dash/cluster:whistle:

as far as performance goes , stock out of the box 2006-2008 are basically all the same.
from 2009 there were numerous changes from easy to see cosmetic changes to engine internals , exhaust port and pipe differences. This all equating to an increase in neddies at the crank by approx 4 .
Mucho thanks for the scoop on this terminology.

Yeah, I think I'm in love with the '08 SE :) We'll see how it goes and I'll keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for the tips on performance changes guys!

·
Chiperator
5,539 Posts

tornado red

2007 jet black

tornado red
jet black

jet black
tornado red

Fixed that for ya. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Then there is the ultra rare TT edition. Me and Superlight are the only people in the U.S. with this model...:whistle:

Whoops!! I got a little too happy with photobucket on this one.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Thanks!! She was on the block about a month ago, but I am glad nobody bought her. Now I am back in the modding stage again..:laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts