Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I need a picture of the wiring from the male plug that plugs into the tailight. My harness melted but bike was sold to me like this. The person who sold it to me hid the wiring by wrapping with black tape. Pics below I just need a pic of the connector and wire order from male connector. Here's the old wiring. I know how to solder so I will fix her up nice with the help of you guys identifying the wiring.
Hand Finger Wood Electrical wiring Twig

Terrestrial plant Finger Twig Thumb Creative arts

Finger Thumb Cable Electrical wiring Wire

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should be a 3-pin plug: Black=ground, Yellow=power, Green/purple=brake light

#36 is the rear light, #35 is brake light switch: 37-39 are turns signals and license plate lights.

View attachment 261379
Thank you. I actually figured out how to rebuild the harness however when I go to try to use blinkers the don't blink they are static. Any idea what might be causing this?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm assuming you've added aftermarket turn signals, probably LEDs. On Triumphs these have given me fits. I've had some that worked fine when connected to different bikes but soon as I try them on a Triumph I get something weird like no flashing or flashing super fast.

One time I even had one side flashing fast and the other side much slower. That really makes no sense. But swap in a different relay as that's definitely the first thing you want to eliminate as the problem. If that's fine try a regular bulb signal and see what it does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts